New flail mower

Oceandiver

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 12, 2024
Southern Indiana
After reading as much as I could, I ended up buying the Dellmorino FT106 mower with hammer blades. Since I am maneuvering in the woods, I wanted to keep it fully behind the tractor (the next size up would stick out on both sides).
I have a quick connection on the 3 pt. hitch so the unit sticks out more than it could without it, but that turned out to be a positive. In really really thick brush, I can back over the brush more, lower the mower, and shred everything!
I set the blades to the highest setting, someone told me NOT to disturb the ground when mowing, as that would just promote new weed growth, especially some otherwise dormant seeds that are down there.
I also put a set of guards on the bottom of the BX to protect it. However I found I was too late. Two of the cooling fan blades are already broken off (next project).

This Dellmorino is awesome. It is rated for 1.5" trees, but I was pretty much smashing to bits everything in the brush...I think I broke the 1.5" limit a few times, with no issues. Really looking forward to spending more time with this set up. Between the jaws on the front and the mower on the back, this is a trail clearing monster rig!
I paid $3,900.00 for it including the drive shaft.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
After reading as much as I could, I ended up buying the Dellmorino FT106 mower with hammer blades. Since I am maneuvering in the woods, I wanted to keep it fully behind the tractor (the next size up would stick out on both sides).
I have a quick connection on the 3 pt. hitch so the unit sticks out more than it could without it, but that turned out to be a positive. In really really thick brush, I can back over the brush more, lower the mower, and shred everything!
I set the blades to the highest setting, someone told me NOT to disturb the ground when mowing, as that would just promote new weed growth, especially some otherwise dormant seeds that are down there.
I also put a set of guards on the bottom of the BX to protect it. However I found I was too late. Two of the cooling fan blades are already broken off (next project).

This Dellmorino is awesome. It is rated for 1.5" trees, but I was pretty much smashing to bits everything in the brush...I think I broke the 1.5" limit a few times, with no issues. Really looking forward to spending more time with this set up. Between the jaws on the front and the mower on the back, this is a trail clearing monster rig!
I paid $3,900.00 for it including the drive shaft.
Is a Dellmorino some kind of computer?! 😂

Seriously though, congratulations on the Del Morino FT. I've been very impressed with the Centurion that I bought from Good Works Tractor Co. a few years ago. The Del Morino models are very well designed and manufactured.

Reactions: 1 user