New blower

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia
Was so tired of watching by 600-foot driveway get narrower and narrower with every snowfall when using the rear blade. By mid-January, I would have to use the loader to push the banks back a few feet just to open up the road again. After a couple years of fruitlessly searching for a decent used one, I bit the bullet on a new 60” snowblower. Hopefully it will allow me to put the snow 25 feet away, and eliminate the creeping-in snowbank phenomenon.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Looks like a beast, enjoy! Just curious, what is the round thing attached to it on the right side opposite the chute?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
There are few pleasures like watching 30 HP of snow being shot out of a blower and into the woods that line the drive ;-)

I blow out the banks a couple of times after January. Seems that the sun takes care of one side, it's the south edge that creeps in. ;

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
You are going to love that blower, your driveway will be wide all winter, I run a 6’ wide one, it just throws the snow so far. Great investment.

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
There are few pleasures like watching 30 HP of snow being shot out of a blower and into the woods that line the drive ;-)

I blow out the banks a couple of times after January. Seems that the sun takes care of one side, it's the south edge that creeps in. ;
Totally agree! Blowing is far better than plowing for the long haul.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Congrats on your blower...

We have the same basic thing in a gently used 50" Buhler Allied....

It doesn't do a perfect job, or do it all in one pass.. With a little patience and keeping at it, it will move snow back very well..

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My neighbor used to use a plow on his tractor. He had the same issue about things getting narrow.

When we had a tough winter, he would ask me to blow his banks back. Sometimes every couple weeks.

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, with standard front loader, and LandPride rear blade ( 60 inch )
Nov 2, 2020
United States
Wow what a beast of a blower. I bet that thing is in the 10K range. Wow. I really hope you post some videos on YouTube that we can watch later in the season when the snow arrives. What is that "water bottle" on the top of your blower ? I've seen that before.... not sure what it is. Anyway, what a nice machine. Hey we only live once, enjoy the new toy !! :) :)

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
Wow what a beast of a blower. I bet that thing is in the 10K range. Wow. I really hope you post some videos on YouTube that we can watch later in the season when the snow arrives. What is that "water bottle" on the top of your blower ? I've seen that before.... not sure what it is. Anyway, what a nice machine. Hey we only live once, enjoy the new toy !! :) :)
a beast, yes. Size-wise. But only 3K CDN.
That “water bottle“ holds the owners’ manual, believe it or not. I threw in a handful of shear bolts and a wrench...just in case.

Reactions: 1 user

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
Congrats on your blower...

We have the same basic thing in a gently used 50" Buhler Allied....

It doesn't do a perfect job, or do it all in one pass.. With a little patience and keeping at it, it will move snow back very well..
Friend of mine uses his rear blade up and down the drive and creates a windrow of snow down the middle. Then he switches implements and does a single pass with the blower and gets rid of it. Says he finds the blowing too slow going in reverse for multiple passes. Piling the snow with the rear blade is faster, and there’s only one or two slow passes with the blower.

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
Have set up the unit and it seems to work fine.
i have two choices on how far the unit sits behind the tractor....there are adjustments on the bars that attach to the lift arms. Is it better to have it tucked in closer to the tractor or 3-4 inches further out? Or is just personal preference? Also, , there’s about an inch of movement at the top pin. Is that all right, or should one use bushings to control the slop?

Attachments

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Got mine (same unit) from Canada last spring. Great unit. Found I really needed chains to get around good. Added 2" spacers and chains. Made a huge difference. Hated the wind direction problems. You'll know what I mean when you look like a snowman. I bought an Original Tractor Cab. For $1400 it comes with the windshield wipers and heater. Absolutely love it. Moving snow is so much easier.
IMG_20201109_124636_5.jpg
IMG_20201107_100551_3.jpg

Fastball

Equipment
Feb 9, 2017
In the BC Interior, we don’t get the HUGE snow dumps like they do in other places... but we do get enough snow. My issue is with my 700-foot driveway. It’s treed on one side and has an up embankment on the other. It’s hard to move the snow anywhere, and the rear blade makes the drive get narrower and narrower as the snow accumulates. I want to blow it 30-feet away and be done with it. I’m just trying to establish a bit of a base layer right now, so the unit doesn’t ride on the gravel.
Note - i need chains, front and back for traction on the sloped drive. Don’t have a cab either. My version is a balaclava and ski-goggles.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Last spring it was a snowsuit and goggles. Cold miserable work. When I went against a slight breeze I was covered in powder. A cab made it so much nicer. Couldn't afford a Curtis cab. $5k plus shipping. No way. The Original Tractor Cab was a nice compromise. Damned glad I got it.
In the BC Interior, we don’t get the HUGE snow dumps like they do in other places... but we do get enough snow. My issue is with my 700-foot driveway. It’s treed on one side and has an up embankment on the other. It’s hard to move the snow anywhere, and the rear blade makes the drive get narrower and narrower as the snow accumulates. I want to blow it 30-feet away and be done with it. I’m just trying to establish a bit of a base layer right now, so the unit doesn’t ride on the gravel.
Note - i need chains, front and back for traction on the sloped drive. Don’t have a cab either. My version is a balaclava and ski-goggles.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Was so tired of watching by 600-foot driveway get narrower and narrower with every snowfall when using the rear blade. By mid-January, I would have to use the loader to push the banks back a few feet just to open up the road again. After a couple years of fruitlessly searching for a decent used one, I bit the bullet on a new 60” snowblower. Hopefully it will allow me to put the snow 25 feet away, and eliminate the creeping-in snowbank phenomenon.
Hi.

Make & Model Please ?

It sorta looks like an Allied/Farm King unit?

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Hi.

Make & Model Please ?

It sorta looks like an Allied/Farm King unit?
Agri Ease from Braber Equipment. It's a nice well built unit. I got the 60" model and it powers through 16" of snow without pulling the L3901 down. As long as I keep it in low range it will go fine.