Need to split the B6000

jay87t

Equipment
B6000
Aug 4, 2013
Niagara Falls
Hi guys, well my new to me B6000 has a failed clutch, I believe the presure plate is shot, my clutch peddal has no resistance, and I cant shift. I just ordered a new pressure plate, clutch, release bearing , and pilot bearing. This seems prety straight forward, the only question I really have is about the Drive shaft to the front transfer case. Is there anything special to get the Driveshaft out of the transfer case? or does it just pop out?

Thanks.

Jay

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi, this is a pretty straight foward task, a few fiddly bits but take your time and you'll be good to go.
no special tools needed and everything should come apart without to much of a problem.
good luck with it, be sure to check those uj's on all the shafts whilst your at it, they are a lot easier to service whilst you have got the machine in peices.

rob

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
Hi Jay,

I replaced the clutch on my B6000. It was pretty straightforward. Here are a few tips.

1) If it has a loader take that off first.
2) Think through how you will hold up the two halves. One will need to be rolled away so you can work on the clutch.
3) When my B6000 was new to me, the clutch failed after a month or two. I pulled it apart, replaced all the parts, and put it back THE SAME WAY I FOUND IT. That was a big mistake. The previous owner had installed the release bearing backwards. I installed it backwards as well and it failed 2 months later. The bearing has a ridge on one side, make sure it goes in the right direction. Sorry I don't remember which way it goes.

Good luck

Todd

jay87t

Equipment
B6000
Aug 4, 2013
Niagara Falls
Thanks todd will pay special attention to the way it goes on. Its possible the previous owner put it on wrong as well since he said the clutch is new.

Hi Jay,

I replaced the clutch on my B6000. It was pretty straightforward. Here are a few tips.

1) If it has a loader take that off first.
2) Think through how you will hold up the two halves. One will need to be rolled away so you can work on the clutch.
3) When my B6000 was new to me, the clutch failed after a month or two. I pulled it apart, replaced all the parts, and put it back THE SAME WAY I FOUND IT. That was a big mistake. The previous owner had installed the release bearing backwards. I installed it backwards as well and it failed 2 months later. The bearing has a ridge on one side, make sure it goes in the right direction. Sorry I don't remember which way it goes.

Good luck

Todd