Need Some Help !

pbraig

Equipment
L245DTL1200 FEL, 54" Meteor Snowblower, Frontier BB2048L Box Blade
Feb 21, 2014
Groton,VT USA
Clutch slipping on a L245DT. Need some advice.

How big a deal is it to replace and how much? I know the case has to be split.

I have a few other problems that I wonder can be fixed at the same time.

1. Diff lock lever flops down all the time and never has any push back, is there a spring in there that holds it back?

2. PTO stops every time I push the clutch pedel in, is this normal?

3. Hydro wont go to float till very warm. Have replaced the controls due to float never working.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks to all that reply,

Pete

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you open it up you should also replace the main shaft seal, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, clutch plate and pressure plate.

#1: Yes there is a spring return for the diff lock, but to work on that you need to pull the top of the rear end off to get to it, not the same place as the clutch.
#2: Yes normal that model only has a single stage clutch, the PTO will stop spinning on every clutch engagement and lucky you single stage clutches are cheaper to replace than dual stage!
#3: What hydro? loader?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What loader and loader valve do you have?
You say it doesn't work till it warms up, what happens before it warms up? will it not hold in the float position?
Do you feel it snapping in?

Lostdutchman

Equipment
L2850
Dec 31, 2013
Alaska
I just got done doing the works on my 2850. I have the dual clutch so it was expensive. Time wise it took me about 20 hours over 2 months because 3 kids can take up some time. It was a bit intimidating at first. But it went well. Like Idaho said replace everything you can. I wouldn't split it for fun. Using it is where the fun is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
What loader control valve did you buy? Mine is old fashioned and doesn't float.
Yup, I know what you mean. Dumped one of my loader valves in a bucket of parts washing fluid and it sank right to the bottom. Looked at my dad and said "Yup, no float..." :rolleyes:

:p