Need help with L 48 3 point parts

IronworkerFXR

Equipment
B7100 , B2910 , L48,, Deeres and Cats
Mar 9, 2015
Virginia Beach VA
OK the L 48 came with backhoe, no 3 point arms or parts.:confused:
there is no 3 point kit for the L 48, the serviceman '' thought " along with the sales man that "possibly" a M 59 3 point kit would work , anybody have any experiences with this to confirm itt WILL fit,
Thanks in Orange
JC

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
The only L48 I've seen was in a display at a farm show and it had a set of 3-point arms stowed aboard in a bracket beneath the frame. Couple years ago, things may have changed.

Start by digging up a parts schematic at Kubota or Messicks or order one from your dealer and confirm for yourself the 3-point gear doesn't exist. To me, doesn't make sense, as the entire concept of the removeable backhoe is to use the 3-point. By the way, the machine has a PTO, doesn't it?

Now for the fun part: my bet is the 3-point assembly, complete, is unique to that machine and nothing else is going to fit. Just a guess, but based on experience with other orange iron.

IF you find a 3-point setup exists and IF you investigate pricing at a dealer using part numbers you've dug up, you'll find the entire lash-up will get close to $2,000. Maybe $1,600 on a good day. You can cut costs by obtaining pins, bolts, screws, maybe chains, odds-n-ends, at local hardware sellers (but get Gr-8 or better, not the buck-a-pound-on-sale stuff).

You can poke around used parts aka salvage or junque yards but, again my guess, parts (especially 3-points) are nonexistent. Experience here.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.

IronworkerFXR

Equipment
B7100 , B2910 , L48,, Deeres and Cats
Mar 9, 2015
Virginia Beach VA
Still no luck,
the 3 point storage pins don't even show a scuff in the paint so I am guessing the dealer never even put them on the tractor in the storage places :confused::mad:
I been asking parts people, the best was "I heard somebody used a M59 kit"
Just don't want to lay out 900.00 for the wrong parts kit, the L48 kit is not available anymore .
So I am still asking for help or confirmation on a L48 3 point kit
thanks guys