Need help! LA340 - 7J626-57555 Stand

erherrmann

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
Pa
Hi,

I’m new when it comes to tractors/similar equipment. So I likely won’t understand a lot of terminology that will be used in the replies. My BX23s only has about 60 hours on it, I hardly know what I’m doing yet but get a lot done with it.

2 days ago I was clearing a hunting food plot and a spot for a ground blind. While in the trees and digging dry soil, I guess I caught a root with the piranha teeth on my loader and I hear a bang. Didn’t seem like I was doing anything risky. Was being cautious because I already had a loader related insurance claim.

Upon investigating, I see that circular shaped pin (on what I guess is called the “stand”) gone, the bracket it was holding fell off, and the washer gone as well. Photo attached since I don’t know how to describe it.

Dealer just sent a couple washers and circular pins. I just tried getting it on there.

I actually had to use a clamp to get the orange part of the pictured bracket to give me room to get the circular pin on. It was difficult but I finally figured out how to get it on there. I went to go put the loader down and it pops off. Tried this two more times. Same thing.

I lost the one circular pin so I decided to step away since clearly something is wrong. I’m almost certain that I have the pin setting correctly in its groove. But that orange part of the assembly (pictured) wants to keep pushing it off.

While I do not notice any bends or breaks in the metal, this almost certainly seems like something else is wrong to me.

Has someone had this issue before? Would the part in the thread title need to be replaced all together? Is this worth trying myself or should I put a claim in with the dealer?

I’m not experienced with this but I do have some common sense (though my father would disagree) to fix something if it’s easy.

Service guy at the dealership is calling me back tomorrow so I just want to hear from someone besides the people that will make money off of me.

Thank you!

Attachments

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Get on your computer. Go to Messick’s online. Go to parts, then Kubota. Look up parts by diagram. Select your tractor. Then select the subcategory “attachments”. Select your loader. Scroll through the diagram until you find the part(s) you’re missing. That should give you a price.

If it’s something generic like a circlip you might be able to measure the groove in the pin (or the twin of the missing stuff that’s still on the other side) and source it elsewhere if you prefer. (McMaster Carr, Grainger, etc.)

Messick’s: https://www.messicks.com/

Example diagram of LA340: https://www.messicks.com/ku/96460

As an example, a number 160 (on the loader stand diagram) circlip is a whopping $0.71. Plus shipping of course so local dealer would probably be the way to go on something like that.

IMG_2886.png
IMG_2887.png

Edit: BTW, it appears there are two different stand setups listed for the BX23S/LA340. I’m sort of assuming you can compare the diagrams to your tractor to figure out which you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

erherrmann

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
Pa
Get on your computer. Go to Messick’s online. Go to parts, then Kubota. Look up parts by diagram. Select your tractor. Then select the subcategory “attachments”. Select your loader. Scroll through the diagram until you find the part(s) you’re missing. That should give you a price.

If it’s something generic like a circlip you might be able to measure the groove in the pin (or the twin of the missing stuff that’s still on the other side) and source it elsewhere if you prefer. (McMaster Carr, Grainger, etc.)

Messick’s: https://www.messicks.com/

Example diagram of LA340: https://www.messicks.com/ku/96460

As an example, a number 160 (on the loader stand diagram) circlip is a whopping $0.71. Plus shipping of course so local dealer would probably be the way to go on something like that.

View attachment 133904 View attachment 133905
Edit: BTW, it appears there are two different stand setups listed for the BX23S/LA340. I’m sort of assuming you can compare the diagrams to your tractor to figure out which you have.

thank you, appreciate the time you took to reply.

I think I’m going to need the entire stand assembly. The “arm” on the stand is applying pressure on the new circlip which is pushing it off while simply curling my bucket in the garage. It has to be bent. Since I posted I noticed a hairline crack in the paint at the weld. It’s hardly noticeable at all but it must be the issue. Otherwise that 0.71 Cent part would be doing its job.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
BTDT... crack in paint is probably just a crack in the paint and NOT the actual weld.
Remove the orange 'stand' section, place on flat workbench, see where it's bent.,toss in vice, tweak it straight, takes 1-2 hours..yeah I've done it twice. You'll need good pipe wrench for 'tweaking' the arm(s). depending on your eyesight, a tape measure can confirm you're close enough or bang on.

I've never used the stand in 6 years as loaders only been off once to be repaired.

Buy 6 of the 'clips', that way you WON'T need to make another trip to dealer.....

Reactions: 1 users

erherrmann

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
Pa
BTDT... crack in paint is probably just a crack in the paint and NOT the actual weld.
Remove the orange 'stand' section, place on flat workbench, see where it's bent.,toss in vice, tweak it straight, takes 1-2 hours..yeah I've done it twice. You'll need good pipe wrench for 'tweaking' the arm(s). depending on your eyesight, a tape measure can confirm you're close enough or bang on.

I've never used the stand in 6 years as loaders only been off once to be repaired.

Buy 6 of the 'clips', that way you WON'T need to make another trip to dealer.....
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

A little update, the dealer picked it up free of charge and are taking a look. I just had it in for a loader related insurance claim because I ripped the plate at the weld on the quick attach portion. I suspect they think it might be related so they are hoping to get it back to me by the end of the day.

Based on what you are saying that is probably exactly what they’re doing.

I will update when it’s resolved.