My plow project...

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Well since I'm learning how to post pics and since pics are the best way to show what you've been up to. I thought I might as well try to post some pics of my "Plow project" from last year.

A friend of mine gave me a 1941 Farmall "A" single bottom plow. I made some modifications and added a 3PH to it so I could use it on my BX.

Below is what I came out with...

Original plow

Adding the 3PH

I will have to get some more pics, like one with the plow on the BX.

Stay tuned...

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Now that's a cool idea :cool:

You did a great job finding a solution for the plow and also posting those pictures :D

Do we have to wait until summer to see the plow on the tractor :(

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
Now that's a cool idea :cool:

You did a great job finding a solution for the plow and also posting those pictures :D

Do we have to wait until summer to see the plow on the tractor :(

Scott
No traildust, I won't make you wait. :) I will put it on and take some pics, especially since I know how now. :D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I agree with dusty good job good job on pics to keep us posted.:cool: Bet that plow will work perfect.handy

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Aaa bro, as you can see there's a gather'n of us out here.

If ya got something to keep us warm during the night that would be great :eek:
other'n that we just gonna keep right here waitn'n for some of them picture things :D

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
O.K. Here is a little teaser for ya guys out there.

Here are some pics I found when I first got the plow together and I couldnt wait any longer to try it out.

Sorry for the dark pics, like I said, I couldnt wait...

Before I plowed, I took about fifty bucket loads of two year old leaves and cut grass that had not composted yet, and I spread them out over the gardens. Then I plowed that under as well.

Here is where I am going to put the grape vines in this spring! One swipe with the tiller on the back of the BX is all it took!

Here is the compost pile, er hole that I dug with the BX FEL into the hill.

traildust, did I mention, you may have created a monster with this pic thing you have educated me on :cool:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Very very nice work :cool:

What kinda grape vines are you going to plant? I used to know this guy who made his own wine and even grew his on grapes.

The pictures looked good bro. Looks like you're a natural farmer keeping that plow nice ans straight :D

If it's a monster with pictures I create then I'm happy. Everybody loves pictures :D

Don't forget you promised us some shots of that beast in action :cool:

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Couldn't plow a straight furrow if my life depended on it, and Iv'e done a pile of plowing. Very nice work by the way and nice pics. Dusty

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Couldn't plow a straight furrow if my life depended on it, and Iv'e done a pile of plowing. Very nice work by the way and nice pics. Dusty
Thanks Dusty!!! ;) I appreciate it! :D

That is the first time I have ever plowed anything.

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Very very nice work :cool:

What kinda grape vines are you going to plant? I used to know this guy who made his own wine and even grew his on grapes.

The pictures looked good bro. Looks like you're a natural farmer keeping that plow nice ans straight :D

If it's a monster with pictures I create then I'm happy. Everybody loves pictures :D

Don't forget you promised us some shots of that beast in action :cool:

Scott
TD, (see that, I already have a nickname for your nickname!), I plan on planting 4 seedless "blue" vines, 8 seedles "red" vines, & 4 seedless "white" vines.

And yes, I plan on putting the plow on the BX and taking some pics. Plus when the ground thaws around here, I will take pics of it "turning" ground.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Remember that is a right handed plow. My dad had a small tractor you set the plow up so you always throw ridge same way and you would let your right front and rear wheel run in the furrow you just turned. Didnt know if you knew that (PLease excuse me if you already know) I get to nosey sometimes or give to much advise. That is the easiest way I always could plow straight. First furrow is most important.Really like the way you have set it up and redesigned it.handy

orangeburner99

Equipment
1975 L175
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Looks slick. I cant wait to get at leats a plow or tiller for my l175. We need pics of it hooked up to your new plow!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Remember that is a right handed plow. My dad had a small tractor you set the plow up so you always throw ridge same way and you would let your right front and rear wheel run in the furrow you just turned. Didnt know if you knew that (PLease excuse me if you already know) I get to nosey sometimes or give to much advise. That is the easiest way I always could plow straight. First furrow is most important.Really like the way you have set it up and redesigned it.handy
Handy,
You are funny :p
Thanks for posting that information or else I wouldn't know he had a right handed plow. Heck, I also just learned how to pull a plow too.

Thanks to ptwyz for making this thread and thank you handy for the education.

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Guys. Great thread. Just one little thing to add and you will probably never run into the problem. If the front end comes off the ground and twists the tractor to the left. It will bugger the right rear tire, mostly in clay, but just another little tip.:D Dusty P.S. More pics

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi Guys. Great thread. Just one little thing to add and you will probably never run into the problem. If the front end comes off the ground and twists the tractor to the left. It will bugger the right rear tire, mostly in clay, but just another little tip.:D Dusty P.S. More pics
Hey Dusty, great tip! Thank you and keep sending them!

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks handyman, any and all feedback/information is alway's welcome here! I appreciate anything anybody can educate me on this topic of "tractoring" considering me being a newbie and all :D.

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks Dusty! I was wondering if I should get a bracket and put some case weights on the front of the BX. The front tire DOES move around in the furrow a little bit. The 4WD does help with the outside front tire, but not much for the tire in the furrow, it "dances" some.

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Looks slick. I cant wait to get at leats a plow or tiller for my l175. We need pics of it hooked up to your new plow!
Thanks orangeburner99! Once you get a plow and use it, it's hard to stop! I wonder if there are any 11 step programs for plow-a-holics :D