My First Tractor!

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
Few purchases will give you as much pleasure as a tractor. You can accomplish a lot and enjoy doing it. ItsVery kinda fun. Please remember to always tell the wife how much WORK you got done with the tractor. If you tell how much fun you had, it will make the rest of us look bad. Enjoy your tractor.

TomAce82

Equipment
B6200, box blade, brush hog, loader, rototiller, landscape rake
Jun 8, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Welcome! Check out “asktractormike.com you can pick up a lot of good information there. The site is for people who did not grow up around tractors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more...I've already watched plenty of his stuff!

Tom -

Beautiful place!
My daughter lives in Capitola, almost neighbors.
I visited last year for the first time. Saw the Elephant Seal colony, and my first Redwood (she has one in their yard). As a forester and biologist, really enjoy region and it’s agriculture. Saw artichokes!
Really temperate place; not real hot or cold.
Just too many people and too much traffic for this ole farm boy.... I don’t travel very well....[emoji15]
We are very much neighbors. The traffic is insane in this area, you are correct. Fortunately this property in a bit of an "off the path" spot....well, until you have to go anywhere outside the 5 acres!

TomAce82,
I'm smiling as I type because you sound just Like I feel. I've got my first tractor in 40 years, and my very first ag tractor. Except for some "fun work" I'm still doing what you're talking about doing, replacing or changing things. Yesterday was the hydraulic fluid and a new strainer. Last item (that I know of) is the front wheel drive fluid and then I'm ready to start my food plots. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.
Tons of info on the site and every question I've asked has been thoroughly and thoughtfully answered. Great site of fine folks.
FloridaAl
Which tractor did you purchase Florida Al? I'm loving mine so far. Just replaced the regulator/rectifier, which meant pulling the steering wheel and dash, fun few hours getting to know the electrical. Super easy job, and fixed my charging problem. I'm looking forward to food plots too. I have a 3pt rototiller that I'm yet to use.

Very few purchases will give you as much pleasure as a tractor. You can accomplish a lot and enjoy doing it. Its kinda fun. Please remember to always tell the wife how much WORK you got done with the tractor. If you tell how much fun you had, it will make the rest of us look bad. Enjoy your tractor.
Yes! Work not fun! I'll remember that one! ;)

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
Great video and a super pretty piece of property. You can tell it was much loved.

I got my first tractor - a completely roached BX1800 - this time last year. I tore it down and fixed it up over the course of about 6 months with no mechanical experience and it was a blast. There are tons of knowledgeable folks on this board that helped me through the process. Have fun!