My b3200 won't start

Uderr01

Equipment
B3200
Oct 2, 2023
PA
I have a B3200. I was mowing, stopped to put fuel in it. I started it up and went about 40ft to park it and it shut off. It won't restart. It has a fully battery, turns over, fuses are all good and also will not start off starting fluid so I don't think it is a fuel issue. Not sure what else it could be.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
First, put the starting fluid away. Not good for your diesel. I mean really, really not good as in bent rods or broken rings or lands on the pistons.

Had you run out of fuel before you filled it?

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well,depending on how much 'starting fluid' you used, you could very easily have DESTROYED the engine.....
Kubota engines do NOT require 'starting fluid', ever..... sadly many have lost their pride and joy using it...

Odds are it IS a fuel problem,perhaps a clogged filter, plugged exit spigot in the tank, ??
disconnect fuel line at the injector pump and turn key on. If electric 'lift pump', you'll get a steady, pulsating stream of diesel.

Uderr01

Equipment
B3200
Oct 2, 2023
PA
First, put the starting fluid away. Not good for your diesel. I mean really, really not good as in bent rods or broken rings or lands on the pistons.

Had you run out of fuel before you filled it?
No it did not run out of fuel.

Uderr01

Equipment
B3200
Oct 2, 2023
PA
Well,depending on how much 'starting fluid' you used, you could very easily have DESTROYED the engine.....
Kubota engines do NOT require 'starting fluid', ever..... sadly many have lost their pride and joy using it...

Odds are it IS a fuel problem,perhaps a clogged filter, plugged exit spigot in the tank, ??
disconnect fuel line at the injector pump and turn key on. If electric 'lift pump', you'll get a steady, pulsating stream of diesel.
If it was fuel issue it would still have tried to start off the starting fluid not just crank over.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Get a service manual (WSM) from here:

Check the parts diagram here

Last edited:

Fastball714

Equipment
L4060HSTC, B3300SU
Feb 27, 2021
Georgia
When you first turn the key on, do you hear a click from the fuel solenoid? You should hear that when you turn key to the on position, not when starting.

Uderr01

Equipment
B3200
Oct 2, 2023
PA
When you first turn the key on, do you hear a click from the fuel solenoid? You should hear that when you turn key to the on position, not when starting.
Yep the solenoid clicks. We broke a hose loose at the injector pump and there is fuel coming out of there.

Linstrum

Premium Member

Equipment
L3400HST with BH76 backhoe, L2501HST, B7100HST, B7100DT, all with fel's. Cat D4D
Sep 2, 2023
Alamogordo, New Mexico
A quick and easy way that will immediately determine if diesel fuel is being injected into the cylinders, is when the engine is cranking-over while cold, there will be little puffs of dense white smoke coming out the exhaust pipe. The throttle has to be opened up about half-way to make sure a good amount of fuel is being injected to make smoke, the smoke being unburned fuel.

Another way is to unscrew one of the retaining nuts from one fuel injection line going to a fuel injector. Once the retaining nut is loosened, crank the engine over. Fuel will be squirted out from the loosened injection line connection, the squirts will come out in pulses, not a steady stream, the pulses correspond to the power strokes of the cylinder the injection line goes to. If there aren't any little periodic squirts of fuel coming out of the loosened connection, then the problem is in the fuel deliver system somewhere. Don't forget to tighten the nut back down, and DON'T over tighten it.