MX6000 Cab

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Any of you guys with the MX series cab tractor know whether or not that machine will fit through a 8 foot height door opening

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
In theory it should at just under 93". I would be interested in hearing real-world experience here too since I'm planning some major changes that involve roll up doors and would like to know if an 8ft door will allow for sufficient clearance. I'm putting in a 10ft roll up door on one shed so that the M6060 will fit.

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
In theory it should at just under 93". I would be interested in hearing real-world experience here too since I'm planning some major changes that involve roll up doors and would like to know if an 8ft door will allow for sufficient clearance. I'm putting in a 10ft roll up door on one shed so that the M6060 will fit.

I think the 92.7" is with R1 tires which Kubota considers standard. But the one I'm looking at has R4 tires and I know for sure they are not as tall as the R1 tires. I hope I can fine someone who has the R4s that is currently keeping it inside a building with a 8' door opening so I know for sour it will fit. The only other option I have is to get the dealer to bring the machine out so I can see if it fits before I buy it. :). I measured it in there lot but it's hard to tell standing on a front tire and trying to eyeball the real height but it looks like just under 91" to me. I won't pay 40k for a tractor and then let it sit outside in the weather.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think the 92.7" is with R1 tires which Kubota considers standard. But the one I'm looking at has R4 tires and I know for sure they are not as tall as the R1 tires. I hope I can fine someone who has the R4s that is currently keeping it inside a building with a 8' door opening so I know for sour it will fit. The only other option I have is to get the dealer to bring the machine out so I can see if it fits before I buy it. :). I measured it in there lot but it's hard to tell standing on a front tire and trying to eyeball the real height but it looks like just under 91" to me. I won't pay 40k for a tractor and then let it sit outside in the weather.
I have R4 tires on my MX6000. I'll be using it today and can lay a 2x4 on top of the cab at the tallest point and measure the height from the ground. I have one of those neat Bosch laser "tape" measures so it'd be fairly accurate.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I have R4 tires on my MX6000. I'll be using it today and can lay a 2x4 on top of the cab at the tallest point and measure the height from the ground. I have one of those neat Bosch laser "tape" measures so it'd be fairly accurate.
That would be awesome I'm looking to add a MX cab tractor for mowing and snow removal but if it doesn't fit on the site where I want to store it then I will have to look t other options.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I measured the height of the cab using two methods and in two locations with the tractor on the asphalt driveway. The rear tires have ballast if that makes a difference.

I turned a strip plywood on it's edge and laid it across the top of the cab. The plywood is both rigid and straight as shown. I used a surveyor's stick and took a measurement with the plywood positioned over the center of the rear wheels. I then used a Bosch GLM 42 to take a more accurate measurement. Then I moved the plywood towards the rear of the cab placing it across the area that would appear to be the highest point of the cab relative to the ground. Once again I used the surveyor's stick and Bosch GLM 42 to take measurements.

Conclusion: The MX6000 with cab should fit under a header that provides at least 91" of clearance.

Height of cab in line with the center of the rear wheels.

wheels_stick.jpg

wheels_laser.jpg

Height of cab at the tallest point.

rear_cab_stick.jpg

rear_cab_laser.jpg

Here's a photo showing the laser on the wood with the GLM 42 sitting on the asphalt.

laser.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I measured the height of the cab using two methods and in two locations with the tractor on the asphalt driveway. The rear tires have ballast if that makes a difference.

I turned a strip plywood on it's edge and laid it across the top of the cab. The plywood is both rigid and straight as shown. I used a surveyor's stick and took a measurement with the plywood positioned over the center of the rear wheels. I then used a Bosch GLM 42 to take a more accurate measurement. Then I moved the plywood towards the rear of the cab placing it across the area that would appear to be the highest point of the cab relative to the ground. Once again I used the surveyor's stick and Bosch GLM 42 to take measurements.

Conclusion: The MX6000 with cab should fit under a header that provides at least 91" of clearance.

View attachment 78352

View attachment 78353

View attachment 78357

View attachment 78358

Here's a photo showing the laser on the wood with the GLM 42 sitting on the asphalt.

View attachment 78359

It looks like it should fit no problem the tractor I'm looking at has the R4s and they will be loaded too. I'm thinking I'm going to be good to go. Thank you for the detailed info.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
To paraphrase an oft used quote.
I have never heard it said that: "I wish that I had less door headroom"

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

Well I bought it - My neighbor said if it don't fit I could bring it over to his place :)

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
A sawzall will “adjust” your garage door opening.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
A sawzall will work on that plastic ROPS canopy also! :cry:
I ordered the air ride seat in this sucker because the standard seat stinks ( Actually I probably just need to loose 100lbs or so :)) and I'm not cutting any holes in the roof I want to keep that expensive seat dry.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ordered the air ride seat in this sucker because the standard seat stinks ( Actually I probably just need to loose 100lbs or so :)) and I'm not cutting any holes in the roof I want to keep that expensive seat dry.
Congratulations! The MX6000 is an excellent tractor. I opted for the air ride seat too with no regrets. I'm rapidly approaching the 50 hour service yet again.

I really don't think you'll have a problem getting the MX into your garage and I'm looking forward to seeing photos.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Congratulations! The MX6000 is an excellent tractor. I opted for the air ride seat too with no regrets. I'm rapidly approaching the 50 hour service yet again.

I really don't think you'll have a problem getting the MX into your garage and I'm looking forward to seeing photos.
I didn't like the standard seat at all it didn't even have arm rest. I'm not sure when they will have it ready I got it with 3rd function, two sets of rear remotes, rear work light package, The side view mirrors, BT HD radio and Filled rear tires. I'm probably missing some stuff but I'm looking forward to getting it I have a Woods 90" finish mower I was using on a open station MX5800 that I will be mowing with I'm sure the Cab will be nice. The dealer only had a MX5400 in stock so that's what I'll be getting I'm not sure I'll ever notice the 5.2 PTO HP difference and they said they didn't know when any of the MX6000s would be available. I will post some pictures once we get it here. Thanks again for your help with the measurements.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I didn't like the standard seat at all it didn't even have arm rest. I'm not sure when they will have it ready I got it with 3rd function, two sets of rear remotes, rear work light package, The side view mirrors, BT HD radio and Filled rear tires. I'm probably missing some stuff but I'm looking forward to getting it I have a Woods 90" finish mower I was using on a open station MX5800 that I will be mowing with I'm sure the Cab will be nice. The dealer only had a MX5400 in stock so that's what I'll be getting I'm not sure I'll ever notice the 5.2 PTO HP difference and they said they didn't know when any of the MX6000s would be available. I will post some pictures once we get it here. Thanks again for your help with the measurements.
I got the cab for a similar reason i.e. dust while mowing, but it sure was nice this past winter being warm and not having snow blowing back in my face! Even yesterday it was pleasant sitting in the cab and being out of the wind on a 40F day.

I doubt you'd know the difference between the 5400 or the 6000 during actual use.

Last edited:

TomGT350

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC
Aug 20, 2021
Maryland
Any of you guys with the MX series cab tractor know whether or not that machine will fit through a 8 foot height door opening
Yes, its fits. Here's a post from the past and of picture of my MX6000 in the garage with an 8' door.