Mx5100

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Yes an A&P certificate is basically a licence issued by the Federal Aviation Administration to work on aircraft in the civilian aviation industry. Stands for Airframe & Powerplant as stated by the gentleman above.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Yes A stands for Airframe license, which allows you to work on pretty much any part of the aircraft except the engine. The P license (used to be called E for engine) is power plant and allows you to work on the power plant. IA is an inspectors authorization. I also have a RII which is an inspectors license that allows me to inspect the work of others on aircraft above 12 passengers.

Express

May 31, 2013
Oxford, Connecticut
I can't wait to get a tractor . It will be nice to do my own maintenance and not have any paperwork or regulations to be concerned with. My fellows A&Ps know what I mean

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Its kinda funny though I'm still anal about keeping a log of all maintenance performed and i do a walk around everytime i get on or off my tractor for the day.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I check my tractor in the morning, oil and such then run it. I also don't keep logs, but it is easy to keep up with. Every 25 hours I grease it, that is easy to follow without writing anything down. The oil changes and all are also easy to keep up with. Last thing I want when I am at home is paperwork.