MX Pricing

TheJuice9269

Equipment
Kubota MX5100-(sold) / Kubota MX 5200-(sold) / Kubota MX5800
Oct 14, 2017
Freeland, MI, USA
Hello All,

Wanted to share my pricing experience recently. I checked with at least 20 different dealers, from many different states, and received a broad range of prices. I understand that pricing fluctuates by region, time of year, dealer, and some other factors. I want to pass along my results to hopefully help others in their endeavors of purchasing a tractor new.

I'll preface this with my location, I live in central Michigan. I'm ordering/purchasing an MX5800 HST 4WD after owning an MX5100HST 4WD & an MX5200HST 4WD. This line of tractors is great and you get to me the most tractor for your money.

The winning bid/quote was from Ginop Sales (pronounced "Ginnup" - hard "G" not "J" sound) which is located at the upper part of the lower peninsula. My salesman's name is BRIAN, he gave me his personal cell number, and I was in regular contact with him after hours and on weekends. If he didn't know an answer, he didn't make one up, he looked it up or went and found it. He also went out to the shop, the sales yard, and his office, all while on the phone to look up or check on questions I had in order to give me an answer. He was fair, up front & quick in responding back to me. I'm putting the pricing out here with his permission in the hopes it will help those of you in the market.

2018 Kubota MX5800HST 4WD - $28,431
(R4 Industrial Tires, LA1065 Loader, Block Heater-thrown in)

Rear Tires filled w/ Rimguard/Beet Juice - $175

Third Function Remote (Kubota/Landpride brand) - $800 Installed

TOTAL COST - $29,406 OTD (I was able to get this farm/tax exempt - plus he threw in free delivery at just over 200 miles one way to me)

Most of the dealers priced just the tractor and loader at $30,000 - $32,000 & change.....some had the nerve to tell me that those were a good price and a deal.

OTHER NOTABLES: Depending on the area you're in, Barlow Tractor out of Kentucky was a close 2nd at just under $29,000 for the tractor/FEL. Brady Barlow was top notch but delivery cost pushed the price up for me a bit.

Talladega Tractor (Alabama) was 3rd at just over $29,000 for tractor/FEL but delivery crushed it, and Lingle Equipment (Michigan) was 4th at mid $29,000's for tractor/FEL.

It pays to shop around, please spend a little time and do your homework. Ginop's is the 5th largest dealer in sales in North America from what I was told. Also, at the time, they had (4) 2017's in stock. Some of the other prices from other dealers were on 2017 models. My understanding is there isn't a design or option difference between these two, however, the 2018 will be of higher value over the long run vs settling for a 2017.

I received multiple discounts for cash purchase, and another current loader discount to get the price I did. I hope this helps others, if you have any questions please message me. Brian said if you provide my name as a referral (Jason from Freeland) he'll take good care of you as well!

Last edited:

ddfiberglassrepair

Aug 27, 2017
mi.
Hello All,

Wanted to share my pricing experience recently. I checked with at least 20 different dealers, from many different states, and received a broad range of prices. I understand that pricing fluctuates by region, time of year, dealer, and some other factors. I want to pass along my results to hopefully help others in their endeavors of purchasing a tractor new.

I'll preface this with my location, I live in central Michigan. I'm ordering/purchasing an MX5800 HST 4WD after owning an MX5100HST 4WD & an MX5200HST 4WD. This line of tractors is great and you get to me the most tractor for your money.

The winning bid/quote was from Ginop Sales (pronounced "Ginnup" - hard "G" not "J" sound) which is located at the upper part of the lower peninsula. My salesman's name is BRIAN, he gave me his personal cell number, and I was in regular contact with him after hours and on weekends. If he didn't know an answer, he didn't make one up, he looked it up or went and found it. He also went out to the shop, the sales yard, and his office, all while on the phone to look up or check on questions I had in order to give me an answer. He was fair, up front & quick in responding back to me. I'm putting the pricing out here with his permission in the hopes it will help those of you in the market.

2018 Kubota MX5800HST 4WD - $28,431
(R4 Industrial Tires, LA1065 Loader, Block Heater-thrown in)

Rear Tires filled w/ Rimguard/Beet Juice - $175

Third Function Remote (Kubota/Landpride brand) - $800 Installed

TOTAL COST - $29,406 OTD (I was able to get this farm/tax exempt - plus he threw in free delivery at just over 200 miles one way to me)

Most of the dealers priced just the tractor and loader at $30,000 - $32,000 & change.....some had the nerve to tell me that those were a good price and a deal.

OTHER NOTABLES: Depending on the area you're in, Barlow Tractor out of Kentucky was a close 2nd at just under $29,000 for the tractor/FEL. Brady Barlow was top notch but delivery cost pushed the price up for me a bit.

Talladega Tractor (Alabama) was 3rd at just over $29,000 for tractor/FEL but delivery crushed it, and Lingle Equipment (Michigan) was 4th at mid $29,000's for tractor/FEL.

It pays to shop around, please spend a little time and do your homework. Ginop's is the 5th largest dealer in sales in North America from what I was told. Also, at the time, they had (4) 2017's in stock. Some of the other prices from other dealers were on 2017 models. My understanding is there isn't a design or option difference between these two, however, the 2018 will be of higher value over the long run vs settling for a 2017.

I received multiple discounts for cash purchase, and another current loader discount to get the price I did. I hope this helps others, if you have any questions please message me. Brian said if you provide my name as a referral (Jason from Freeland) he'll take good care of you as well!
Bought my MX 5200 from Ginop sales in Hillman last year. Great people.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk