Moving snow

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
I remember late last year about some members here saying they can't wait to try out snow removal with their new tractors and fels. Guess the weather gods argreed with a lot of you as we have had the worst winter regarding snow in a long time. So got enough snow already?. So how did your snow removal turn out?. I live in Louisiana and we got freezing rain for two days and some freezing hail. Not anyway what the north and northeast has been getting. So lets hear how you made out. Frank

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Frank,
All the way up here in the North West we got swat for snow, all of it went north, south and east.
I ran my snow blower one time, in a pitiful foot to foot and half of snow, but hey it worked flawlessly.
I did make a 3 way blade that's been working great at removing the dustings.
I also love the front wheel studs I put on, they work great for ice and snow traction!
But yes I too am ready for some warmer and nicer weather to move in, but I fear mother nature is not done with us yet and will probably send a few more snow falls our way before it's all over and spring sets in! ;)

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Snow last year was a lost cause. We have fared better this year and I hope we see more. The last storm that went through was an ice event that messed up a bunch of trees here. It looked like we hired a tree trimmer and he walked off the job before he cleaned up.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Frank,
All the way up here in the North West we got swat for snow, all of it went north, south and east.
I ran my snow blower one time, in a pitiful foot to foot and half of snow, but hey it worked flawlessly.
I did make a 3 way blade that's been working great at removing the dustings.
I also love the front wheel studs I put on, they work great for ice and snow traction!
But yes I too am ready for some warmer and nicer weather to move in, but I fear mother nature is not done with us yet and will probably send a few more snow falls our way before it's all over and spring sets in! ;)
Frank and all,

Just a bit West of you, we finally also got some snow. Yesterday, 4 inches. Around 4:00 PM, I put my wife on the L3700SU and she went to snow plowing school. She did great adjusting the blade, even floating the bucket. She did a super job. Great country gal!

We are having some more snow tonight thank God and perhaps more this weekend.

Burt

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
Wolfman,
Have you already posted about installing studs on your front tires? That looks like something I would really like to do.
Thanks,
P

Gso125

Equipment
L6060 cab and loader
Sep 16, 2013
USA
We have had a ton of snow this year and the bx25d has done a super job with the front mount snowblower. Only regret is no cab but someday Ill get one.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Over all here in my neck of the woods it hasn't been to terribly bad for us. A few short weeks ago we did have a few inches fall that hung around for a little over a week. It was enough to close the schools in the metro area down for the week. The temperature never rose above freezing all week and when the sun light popped out it would warm the snow just enough to melt it and turn into ice by sundown.

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
To date, we've had about 2 feet of snow but it's down to about 6" now. The snow has been average for the Northeast but the temps have dipped to about -12 on occasion.

My BX25D sports a 60" heavy plow blade which does a pretty nice job moving the white stuff around. While this attachment goes on and off easily due to the quick detach option it's plow angle is adjusted manually, which is somewhat of a pain...

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
We got a heavy snow month in December but upwards of 5 inches of ice in January now 3 storms of over 18 inches total this month.
Kubota works great!!!:D

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I remember late last year about some members here saying they can't wait to try out snow removal with their new tractors and fels. Guess the weather gods argreed with a lot of you as we have had the worst winter regarding snow in a long time. So got enough snow already?. So how did your snow removal turn out?. I live in Louisiana and we got freezing rain for two days and some freezing hail. Not anyway what the north and northeast has been getting. So lets hear how you made out. Frank
My farm gal plowing. Here's my wife at 16 degrees yesterday learning how to plow snow. She did a super job including floating the bucket. Now she has a degree in Kubota, the Bachelors of Kubota!

More snow on the way. We now have about 10 inches here with another 4 to 6 inches forecast. Great day to own a Kubota!

Burt

Attachments

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
We got 12" of snow here in CT last week.

After plowing in a tractor all week at work, I got home at 9 p.m. and had to park my car across the street at the neighbors and walk up my 600 ft. driveway because the Subaru couldn't bust through at the street. I didn't feel like spending too much time on my driveway that night and fortunately, the Kubota and rear blade came through for me! An hour later, I was all done.

The next day, I mounted the rear snow blower and cleared away all the snow banks the grader blade had left.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The old folks say you can tell how bad a winter its going to be by how high the hornets build thier nests. I've found 2 that would probably set a record. One 40 feet high in a tree and another 60 feet high in the top of a tree.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Thanks all for your snow removal pics. As you know us folks south of I-10 don't get much snow here in Louisiana. And I agree that old man winter has a few good more suprises in store for those that live up north. Frank

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yes thanks to Wolfman my job has got a lot easier. I installed studs in mine also and much better. I still can't get the wife to clear snow though.Lol Here's a picture of part of my driveway before the studs...you can see how the blower was being pulled to the side before the studs.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Stupid question....is a front mounted snowblower powered by the front hydraulics ?? Or

kitn1mcc

Equipment
BX2360
Jan 13, 2014
Old Lyme Ct
Not bad here on the Shoreline in CT. First few snow storms were very powdery and easy

last too been very wet and heavy the BX2360 and bucket worked great. did my shot driveway and a few neighbors also hit the road seeing how the town does not make it way down the cul-d-sac as much the chit seal has done a job on the bucket

the whelen pioneers i have on it light up the whole street

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Stupid question....is a front mounted snowblower powered by the front hydraulics ?? Or
Not stupid at all, Normally on these little tractors they use a Mid PTO or a front PTO to power them.
The larger tractors and skid steers you can get a hydraulic powered snowblower.

Highspeed

Equipment
B-series
Jan 27, 2014
mid-Michigan
It's been a good year for snow moving! My little B does a great job with the loader and a Woods 60" blade. We seem to be getting 3" a week here in Michigan, but that's about normal if you ask me....or you can remember the 70s. :D Other than shearing off the 1" bolt on the blade (now fixed), it's been a fun time so far! The loader rocks for moving back the piles and scrapping right down to the cement!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well just for shyts and giggles,, I tried something that has been sitting in the back of my head for some time. I put the rear blade on and in conjunction with the front blade tried playing in the snow.. I found that if I use the front blade straight and angle the rear blade I can clean the drive way in 2 passes. The front breaks the way and the rear pushes the snow off to the side. If I use the angle on the front alone I have to run down the center first then angle the blade and go down both sides. Just thought I would toss that out. I do wish I could post pics, would be a lot easier to explain