Mounting Snow plow

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Looking for ideas on the best way to fix/attach the snow plow arms to the plate for the Quick attachment.
will be using 1/4'' plate for the QA,, And only be using the (Left/RT) angel cyl's on the arms. The up/down will be the tractor's job.
Just over thinking again,(normal:rolleyes:) Just not sure about welding the arms right to the plate.
Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can you post a picture of the plow you want to use?
Or give us a model and type?

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
#1= 8' heniker very well built, but its made with the pump attached to the frame where the hole unit comes off the vehicle,

#2= 7' 6'' western, pump and lift stays on vehicle, 2 pins at bottom and lift chain on top, thinking this is the one I'll be using. less dissecting to get the lower arms and cyl's to mate up to plate.

Looking for some pix's to get some ideas from. Thinking I'll need to put some kind of skids on the bottom of the Q A plate, to keep the bottom of the lift arms of the tractor from hitting/dragging on the ground. Or make it so the plow frame is plenty low, to keep the arms up higher.
Just in the planning stage, and wide open for ideas...

Last edited:

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
The place I work used two western plow blades for plows on two jd tractors with loaders I will try to get some pics to post for you how they did it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US

This is the same plow.

Last edited by a moderator:

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US

This was built for a jd we have at work

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Good deal,
Thanks..........................

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
As soon as they mount them on the tractors for the winter I will get some pics.They held up to commercial plowing last winter.

bighammer

Equipment
L4240
Nov 25, 2012
Traverse City, MI
this is how i did mine.

Pretty similar to what I'm planning on doing soon. I'm gathering needed bits and reading up on ideas and tips from others.

I have an old Western 8' Pro Plow (sold my old truck, but kept the plow) and picked up a 3/8" quick attach plate. I removed the light frame and pump and will cut/modify the A frame as needed to weld to the mount plate. I can't decide if I should buy/make hard lines to run forward for angle function, or just really long hoses to rear remotes.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
The ones at work they used regular hoses from the back remotes to the angle cylinders just zip tied them up out of harms way.

jcummins

Equipment
Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D
Oct 19, 2013
Creal Springs, IL
I've thought about this for the past two winters. My research shows some weld the plow to the quick attach plate, while other hinge it to the quick attach plate then use a chain. By doing the second way, just the weight of the plow itself is used to float the plow, not the loader arms.

I can see advantages and disadvantages to both ways. I have a 1/2 mile drive, half of which is blacktop, the rest gravel. Thinking the chain method may help with the gravel section, then again if fixed, and I had some type of shoe on the blade to avoid bladeing to much gravel, I think that would work too.

Thoughts?

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
I'm going to weld the a-arm, (w/angle cyl) plow bracket To the plate. I think that way, you would have better down control in hard packed snow or ice. And put skid's out board on the plow. My drive is also 1/2mile and rocked. As soon as my wood cutting is out of the way, I'm going to start on mine.