Mods #3&4 Forward LED light bar and Alley Lights

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
This winter it looks as if I'm going to be doing more snow clearing than normal. I got two more contracts and considering most of my seat time is in complete darkness I wanted to have the best possible lighting I could find. After much research I found a company in the US that sold the lights I was looking for.

Now the next thing I had to do was design a light bar mount on the Kubota 5740 that would also accept the alley lights. I went with some 7/8th aluminum pipe. As you can see by the photo's I bent it to fit the contour of the cab. I machined end caps to give it a finished look. The next step was to mount it to the cab. I removed the mirrors so I wouldn't burn up the plastic bushings in the mounts then I made additional tabs to accept the light bar. I removed the roof and installed a new NAPA lighted switch in the head liner and ran the wiring. The 20' light will take 8 amps and the 2" will take.8 of an amp to run. The difference in lighting is astonishing. I'll let the photo's tell the rest of the story. Check out the link. if there's something you like email or call Matt and he'll set you up with some top quality lighting. I'll let the photo's tell the rest of the story but I will say I won't be in the dark this coming winter ;)

Started off with this:

Last edited:

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Dramatic change! Nice info and as usual a really clean install. Good job Paul.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bless me sweet Jesus!!!:eek: Just when I though you could'nt put any more lights on that bad girl. How much does the light bar draw and the side spots.. I like it!!

Wildfire

Equipment
Bless me sweet Jesus!!!:eek: Just when I though you could'nt put any more lights on that bad girl. How much does the light bar draw and the side spots.. I like it!!
Ha ha. The main 40 LED 20" draw 8amp while each of the alley lights draw .8 amps each. My voltage didn't drop at all with them on. I'm thinking they draw less than the two main tractor lights.

Wildfire

Equipment
Today I decided to make a bracket to fit on the top light bar so I could mount the rear LED light when it arrives. I made up the bracket and punched a few slots in it just to make it look a little better. Removed the light bar and welded then painted the bracket. While I was into it and it was a nice day out by the door I removed the top of the cab (again) and installed a switch and did the necessary wiring. I put the switch towards the back that way If i need to turn the lights on I felt it was a good location and easy access. All I need to do is wait another week for the light to arrive then bolt it on the bracket. Everything is pre-wired so Its easy now.
I also got my blade back on and the buckets in place. You never know when winter will arrive around here.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
It's always nice to have the space and tools to do the jobs which comes up like bubbles in the head. Looks good and bright. Don't forget that you are working on the Kubota, even when it is fun at all...

carl

Wildfire

Equipment
It's always nice to have the space and tools to do the jobs which comes up like bubbles in the head. Looks good and bright. Don't forget that you are working on the Kubota, even when it is fun at all...

carl

Carl. I have bubbles in my head all the time. I thought everyone did. :D ;)

kubota alpine

Nov 5, 2010
wabush labrador canada
great job as usual ! I am amazed at them light's I am going to have to get one, or maybe one for everything I own haha.

I know what you mean by you never know when we are going to get snow, were supposed to get some monday over here in labrador!

Wildfire

Equipment
great job as usual ! I am amazed at them light's I am going to have to get one, or maybe one for everything I own haha.

I know what you mean by you never know when we are going to get snow, were supposed to get some monday over here in labrador!

Thanks. Glad you like it :D Lab. City. My old stomped ground. Haven't been back there in 20 years but got a couple of companies that's been after me to go there to work for them.
If your thinking about getting these types of lights get them from the seller in the link. Better pricing plus he looks after the brokerage and taxes. Better deal than my first lights in this thread and they are the same light.
The one in the link is the one I have on the way for the rear of my tractor.
Stay warm up there ;)
Nice hearing from you!
Paul

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230859536876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

kubota alpine

Nov 5, 2010
wabush labrador canada
Thanks for the link wildfire, I have it book marked. I can only imagine how much you get asked to come back here and work in this town is growing like crazy and changing A lot, we even have a underpass now going under the train tracks between lab city and wabush becasue there is so much traffic that it would back up to the bridge on the lab city side and to the airport on the Wabush side when there was a train! I should of kept my mouth shut we ended up getting snow today! never stayed tho, no frost in the ground yet but its coming!

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks for the link wildfire, I have it book marked. I can only imagine how much you get asked to come back here and work in this town is growing like crazy and changing A lot, we even have a underpass now going under the train tracks between lab city and wabush becasue there is so much traffic that it would back up to the bridge on the lab city side and to the airport on the Wabush side when there was a train! I should of kept my mouth shut we ended up getting snow today! never stayed tho, no frost in the ground yet but its coming!

Your welcome. Ya your area is flat out. I left there in the early 80's. spent a lot of time driving around Wabush and Lab.City. Who knows. Might get a trip in there soon.
If you get your lights be sure and post a few photos. We all enjoy seeing photos :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Today the new rear 15" LED light arrived so I got it installed. I used weatherproof connectors on the light as well on most of the other lights I've installed. They use solderless connectors and work very well. Man this light is very bright. Now all I have to do is wait for some snow:p

Here's a few pics of the completed mod. Video will be coming soon

bweeden

Equipment
BX23
Oct 20, 2012
Barrington NH
Led's have difficulty in melting snow, i used leds on the back of my 1 ton beside the sander and you have to clean them off frequently because they dont generate enough heat, have you had this problem on the tractor?

Wildfire

Equipment
Led's have difficulty in melting snow, i used leds on the back of my 1 ton beside the sander and you have to clean them off frequently because they dont generate enough heat, have you had this problem on the tractor?
Personally I haven't but know of folks who have. Tractor trailer drivers have mentioned the same issue. One would think if it was a wide spread problem that Transport Canada or The Department of Transportation in the US would investigate it and possibly ban their use.
I guess it all boils down to the fact that there's no perfect solution to lighting and LED lighting has more pro's than cons.

Wildfire

Equipment
Well I finally got the opportunity to throw together a video of the 5740. The machine is officially done. No more mods. The video will feature basically all the mods in a walk around but you'll also get to see all the lighting working. It's a little long at 23 minutes but I couldn't shorten it without leaving items out. I thought some on here might enjoy seeing it so I have attached the link.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...esktop_uri=/watch?v=0MTFZDmgziU&feature=share