Mid Mount Mower on B7610

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
Does anyone out there have the RCK60-24B on a B7610? I have 2 B7610s and have had the deck on both tractors. I just can't get it set so that the front of the deck will lift as high as it should in the front on either tractor.
The manual says the distance between the front stopper and the mid hanger bracket should be 3/32" and5/32".The best I can get is 1 1/4". As a result when I'm taking the machine on a half mile drive through the timber trail to mow clearings, the front gauge wheels take a beating.
If someone has the same mower/tractor combo, would you measure the clearance you have between the front stopper and the mid hanger bracket and let me know what you have?
This mower is supplied for about a dozen different tractors. I'm suspicious that it's just a compromise and the low hanging front of the deck is the best I'm going to get.
Thanks

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
TEC,
Thanks for the reply. My 3 pt arms are in the rearmost hole. Just seems that the "throw" of the "quarter-inching" system isn't enough to raise the deck high enough in the front. Does anyone know if there's a way to get a larger range of motion with the "quarter- inching" system?

TEC

Equipment
b7510, 60" MMM, FEL, KK tiller, KK cultivator, TSC plug areator, PHD, etc..
Apr 7, 2012
Wrightsville, Pa.
The only other thing I can suggest is to refer to the manual for the deck/tractor and insure that the adjustments to the mower links are correct. On my B7510, the rear links are the most important for the height adjustments. My deck will raise until it just hits the front hangars and then I can pin it up too use the 3pt independently of the deck. Not sure about the B7610 but it seems like the same tractor except the hp and position control of the 3 pt. Can't repeat it enough, check the manuals (even though they're sometimes hard to interpret).

Roll

Equipment
B7300
Dec 14, 2016
Central Ohio
I just installed the RCK54-24B on my B7300. I believe it is nearly identical to the RCK60-24B; my instructions were listed as for either deck.

It's my impression that this deck is intended to ride on the front two adjustable wheels. In fact the instructions say that if, after installation, you raise the deck and the front two wheels are not touching the ground you are to remove the front hanger and adjust the length so that they do touch the ground when the deck is raised. Only the rear of the deck actually raises up and not by a whole lot.

As for stop clearance, mine does look like its to spec though I did not measure it. I will check my lift arms but I think they are attached to the rearmost holes.

What I am really interested in is how to pin the deck up when not in use and if it can be pinned up via the front stop brackets and also the stop links at the rear (otherwise I don't understand the purpose of the rear stop links).

Roll

Last edited:

kcoburn

Equipment
L5240HSTC & 2 B7610s
Mar 26, 2010
West Branch, Iowa
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Your comments made me go back to the very beginning and start over. After 2 years and dozens of hours of pondering and readjusting, I believe it's fixed.
The source of my problem was errors in the setup and adjusting instructions in the Deck Manual. There were 3 key ones.
--Mounting the front hanger brackets to the tractor. I moved them ahead of where the manual tells you to mount them. They're now about 2 1/2" further forward than the manual would have you mount them.
--Manual tells you to use rear stopper extension only if you have "Farm Tires". I have turfs but installed them anyway. They stop the lift links about an inch lower than without them, forcing the front of the links higher.
__The manual tells you to set the mower connecting rods at 25" front to back pins. I have them as short as they'll go, about 23 1/2". If They'd go shorter, I'd shorten them another 1/4" or so.
I now have good clearance, about 3", eliminating the beating the gauge wheels take as I take it through the timber trails.
Thanks again for stimulating me to start over and think the damned thing through logically ignoring the error filled manual

TEC

Equipment
b7510, 60" MMM, FEL, KK tiller, KK cultivator, TSC plug areator, PHD, etc..
Apr 7, 2012
Wrightsville, Pa.
Good to know you have it fixed to your satisfaction. Yes, the manuals can be problematic. The translation of them to English leave a lot of room for error; especially, when they're applied to numerous implements and tractor combinations.