Mar 25, 2011
California, USA

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I called about this tractor yesterday, and was told it would auction sometime after noon today.
I arrived before 10am to check it out, & was informed it had already been sold. :mad:
No one seemed to know the final price. I probably wouldn't have bid very high on it, (I need another project like I need a hole in the head) but it would have been nice to have a shot at it. I like the oddball stuff.
Anyway, I shot some pictures for posterity.

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want that roll over grading box! Man that thing is sweet and is the way to go!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want that roll over grading box! Man that thing is sweet and is the way to go!
It looked very versatile, but frankly very light weight. I doubt it weighs more than 1/4 or 1/3 the weight of my 42", non-rollover Gannon box blade. It also was a Gannon brand, and appeared to be about 42" wide. It's probably fine for light work, or maybe back east soil, but our soil is very hard & compacted out here.
Did you see the high tech 3pt components?:rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah I had noticed it seemed kinda thin, I reckon maybe its one of the earlier models and they wont built quite as heavy back then. Either that or its a lighter box because its behind a smaller tractor!

I'm also trying to understand why there's load binders on both sides of the 3pt.

Last edited:

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Oh Man I love those oddball Kubota's. this is almost up there with the single cylinder tractors. Sorry you missed a shot at it. Coulda been neat.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm also trying to understand why there's load binders on both sides of the 3pt.
I think they were on there to keep the box blade off the ground..... I assume the lift had failed & it was an expedient way to keep the implement off the ground so the tractor could move around. Must have been that way for a long time, judging, by the faded paint on the binders.

I with I could have heard it run..... never heard a two cylinder Kubota.....

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
I have a 36" Gannon rollover scraper that came with my B6000. It is too light to do any real work, and the way it is constructed precludes adding any additional weight. It is well constructed and strong, just too light for reak dirt work. It would excel in horse arenas, composted gardens, or other places where the dirt is naturally soft and friable. On tougher clay, or compacted soils, it skitters along uselessly.

Does anybody know if these machines are supported by Kubota? They clearly aren't grey market; they also aren't really Kubota machines. The local Kubota dealer treated me very skeptically and rudely when I wanted to purchase an adjustable side link for my IH284; I imagine asking about selling parts for the McCulloch would drive them to apoplexy, whether permitted by Kubota or not. Kubota's website has no information about McCulloch or the D20 that I could find.

Zachcusson

Equipment
D-20
Jun 18, 2020
Texas

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That hitch almost reminds me of the aftermarket kit to convert my Allis Chalmers from snap coupler to three point hitch.
I read an article on the history of Kubota, everything from their steel and pipe manufacturing to their first and very popular in Japan excavators. Then it gets into the tractors and no where is that tractor mentioned.