LX3310 50 hour service

dbertheau

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, FEL w/CB1060, PFL1242, LX2963, WM-8M Chipper
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
Yesterday, I completed the 50-hour service on our LX3310.

One strange thing occurred when changing the H660-36060 hst filter (OEM filter from dealer.) When installing the filter by hand, I felt contact of the gasket to the filter mount, and within another 3/8 - 1/2 turn, the filter bottomed out... metal to metal. The gasket was there; I oiled it prior to spinning it on, and I felt it contact the mount. I did a soft snugup with a wrench, didn't turn anymore.

In hundreds of filter changes on many vehicles throughout the years, I've never felt a bottom out like this.

I used the tractor about an hour. There was a very small amount of hydraulic fluid below the filter on the frame, not even a drop in quantity...may have just been residual from the filter change. I'll keep an eye on it, but seems to not be leaking.

Anyone else experience this? It didn't feel right... I may buy another filter and replace it.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Is that the filter with the magnet? Possibly have two magnets stacked? I'd assume not because they'd likely leak badly., but gotta ask.

dbertheau

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
Is that the filter with the magnet? Possibly have two magnets stacked? I'd assume not because they'd likely leak badly., but gotta ask.

Uhm... I don't recall a magnet. Where is the magnet? Could be two stacked??? I don't see a magnet on the old filter.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
IIRC, only one of the two HST filters has a magnet. Don't recall which one. Here's aniother thread with a picture:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yesterday, I completed the 50-hour service on our LX3310.

One strange thing occurred when changing the H660-36060 hst filter (OEM filter from dealer.) When installing the filter by hand, I felt contact of the gasket to the filter mount, and within another 3/8 - 1/2 turn, the filter bottomed out... metal to metal. The gasket was there; I oiled it prior to spinning it on, and I felt it contact the mount. I did a soft snugup with a wrench, didn't turn anymore.

In hundreds of filter changes on many vehicles throughout the years, I've never felt a bottom out like this.

I used the tractor about an hour. There was a very small amount of hydraulic fluid below the filter on the frame, not even a drop in quantity...may have just been residual from the filter change. I'll keep an eye on it, but seems to not be leaking.

Anyone else experience this? It didn't feel right... I may buy another filter and replace it.
That's how they are. I'm sure its the same as my B2650. There's only a half turn after gasket contact. I know it seems weird, but you did nothing wrong. I made a handwritten note in my owners manual that it's only 1/2 turn to remind myself.

See step 5. ;)

Kubota Filter.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

dbertheau

Equipment
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
IIRC, only one of the two HST filters has a magnet. Don't recall which one. Here's aniother thread with a picture:

Okay, thanks.

I don't think either of the two hyd filters had a magnet.