Lube on FEL saddle?

Kubota Pilot

Aug 21, 2018
Prescott, Az
Hi everyone, new owner of a BX2380 with MMM and FEL. Been reading this forum for a couple months as I decided on which tractor to purchase. So far I'm loving this thing. I have 15 hours on the clock. Getting ready to do the first greasing on the FEL, and just wondering if the Saddle (U-shaped Channel) where the FEL mounts to the tractor needs any lube or is it just metal on metal?

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Hi everyone, new owner of a BX2380 with MMM and FEL....
Welcome to the forum! I don't own a quick connect fel model, but I don't think you will find a grease zerk anywhere on the U-receiver. If you wanted to fiddle with and align the bucket so you could create a small gap, it would not hurt anything to squirt some lube in there, but I'm pretty sure it is engineered to function for many years without lube.

Kubota Pilot

Aug 21, 2018
Prescott, Az
There definitely isn't a grease zero, and it seems to be just a support cradle for the FEL with no movement going on in there. I can easily access the cradle when I remove the loader, just wasn't sure if Metal on Metal was ok, or if a light coat of grease would help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There definitely isn't a grease zero, and it seems to be just a support cradle for the FEL with no movement going on in there. I can easily access the cradle when I remove the loader, just wasn't sure if Metal on Metal was ok, or if a light coat of grease would help.
I know what you are talking about, someone posted not to long ago about some slop in that joint -

I would place a dab of grease there - just for good ol sake.

AS for greasing.....might want to lower your hours back to 10 or even less.

If I use my FEL for a couple of hours.....I typically grease it when it gets back in the shed.

Pneumatic grease gun with Lock-n-lube makes this about a 3 minute job!:D:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If I understand the spot correctly, that is not a moveable joint, just the seat/channel of the tractor mounting bracket the FEL rests in.

As such, I would not grease it. All it will do is attract dirt. JMHO.

I do not grease that part of my BX2360 either.

Last edited:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
My L4600 has what you are talking about at cradle for the FEL to fit in to.

I use silicone spray on mine does do hold grit. I give it a couple sprays on each side each time I plan to use FEL.

Silicone is awesome, I use in on my sliding compound miter saw, the saw dust with sray on the rails for smooth operation does not even collect the saw dust.

Does this help spray the cradle, I'm not sure but it does not hurt less than a minute to do so and does not collect grit so my theory is it does not hurt and the cost is nothing really.

Jay