LR1660 Rake with QH05 problems

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
MVC-001L.JPG
MVC-002L.JPG
I gave up on the idea of adapting my old Landscape rake to my Land Pride quick hitch QH05, so I searched Facebook Marketplace and found a Land Pride LR1660 rake with a new never-mounted wheel kit for very little money compared to the cost of a new set at the Kubota dealer. The deal was so good that I went today to pick them up before the seller changed his mind.
Got it home and off the trailer, and found that it would not fit onto my QH05 hitch. After analyzing the problem I found that the top pin is located too far in for the hook on the quick hitch to grab, and it also looks like the quick hitch spacer located at the top of the rake is too large of a diameter to allow the hook to grab it. One of the reasons for buying this rake is that it is labeled as Quick Hitch compatible. Has anyone else had a similar problem with Land Pride attachments, not fitting Land Pride quick hitches?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly the QH05 was / is a poor design
The QH10 and other similar built ones are much more user friendly.

You might consider getting one of those.
Heck my $79 Horbor fright one works like a charm. 😁

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I don't recall where I read about this problem, but I am pretty sure that I have heard of this problem before and the remedy was to replace the "hook" part with a "longer/deeper/bigger" one.

But from your picture I can't tell if it bolts on, or it is welded on?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't recall where I read about this problem, but I am pretty sure that I have heard of this problem before and the remedy was to replace the "hook" part with a "longer/deeper/bigger" one.

But from your picture I can't tell if it bolts on, or it is welded on?
That's the issue, on a QA05 The hook is welded in place.
The QA10 has a moveable hook.

It was the generic QH that have a short hook issue.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I spoke to Landpride this morning and they asked for more pictures. Sent additional pictures and haven't heard anything from them since. I did resolve the problem by removing the large diameter spacer and it now hooks onto the bolt that the spacer was held on with. While I am still not happy about this, at least I can start using the rake. I will give them a couple of days to see what they come up with for a resolution to the problem, but I don't see any way that this can be corrected without replacing the hitch itself.
MVC-014L.JPG

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It's really sad that Landpride don't TEST their products in the real world. The landpride implement doesn't connect to the landpride quickhitch ?
It'd be nice if the 'engineers' got out of the office and at least tried to hookup what they 'engineered on the computer'.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I think that they know that this doesn't work and that they have their heads in the clouds. I am not going to allow them to forget. I wonder how many people here have the Land Pride QH 05?