Loss of grease around front wheel ball joints

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
I packed a lot of grease around the kingpins on front wheel joints. After a days work, there is so much grease around the front ball joints, that I wipe it off.

Is it normal to lose this much grease, or is something worn, such as the dust sheild?

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
What exactly are you greasing on the "Beast"??!
Hi Vic,

I've packed grease into the nipple on top of the king pin, that is part of the front wheel gear case group. There is only the upper pin on the B7000.

The grease is ouzing out onto the large ball joint. Should I think about replacing the dust seal and gasket cover? or , have I put too much grease in?

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Good question. I have a 1980 B7100 & spent a lot of time when I first go it home changing fluids & other long overdue maintenance. I used a grese gun on the fittings on top of the large "ball & socket" joint, where the front wheels pivot. I pumped in a fair amountof grease, it didn't ooze out anywhere, & is not oozing out with use. The owner's manual I have doesn't mention this anywhere. How much grease should be pumped into these fittings Vic?

ozzieowner

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 12, 2016
Australia
Gee I'd love to see answers to these questions from Maximus and Piker. I've just pumped one and a half tubes of grease into each front wheel ball joint, and I suspect it's oozing out.As Maximums said, should I think about replacing the dust seal and gasket cover? or have I put too much grease in?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
See your other post on this subject.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Gee I'd love to see answers to these questions from Maximus and Piker. I've just pumped one and a half tubes of grease into each front wheel ball joint, and I suspect it's oozing out.As Maximums said, should I think about replacing the dust seal and gasket cover? or have I put too much grease in?
I think Lil Foot has it figured in the other post.

Last edited: