Loader quick atty

DianneInVa

Equipment
B3301 front loader; backhoe;
Jul 31, 2013
Fosston , MN
L3301. Quick attach works easily with bucket. I have a very difficult time attaching the bale spear. Facing the tractor, the right hand lever engages easily; the left hand is almost impossible. Last time I had to get a neighbor to come over. With both of us we were finally able to engage the and lock in place. I was able to remove the BS and reinstall the bucket with no problem. Any advice greatly appreciated

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm...does the BS 'seat' flat against the QA frame ? for me ,the pallet fork frame needs a 'jolt' to get it 'flush and flat' THEN engage the locking pins.Not a big deal for me,always have to adjust the width anyways.... You DON'T want to use the locking pins as 'pry bars' to force the BS into the correct 'home' position. There's usually a nice 'curl' position where the attachment will sit just right, and every one is different. Always spray a light oil on the locking parts, they should move smoothly.

hmm...There is the possibilty that the BS frame is bent or twisted. Use a 4 or 6' level as a straight edge and see if that's the problem.

Reactions: 1 user

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
L3301. Quick attach works easily with bucket. I have a very difficult time attaching the bale spear. Facing the tractor, the right hand lever engages easily; the left hand is almost impossible. Last time I had to get a neighbor to come over. With both of us we were finally able to engage the and lock in place. I was able to remove the BS and reinstall the bucket with no problem. Any advice greatly appreciated
What brand bale spear ar
Welcome DiannneinVa,

You probably already checked this, but just in case, here is the spec showing what your implement should conform to. You may have an "out of spec" situation.

Good luck with your issue

Bob

Attachments

DianneInVa

Equipment
B3301 front loader; backhoe;
Jul 31, 2013
Fosston , MN
hmm...does the BS 'seat' flat against the QA frame ? for me ,the pallet fork frame needs a 'jolt' to get it 'flush and flat' THEN engage the locking pins.Not a big deal for me,always have to adjust the width anyways.... You DON'T want to use the locking pins as 'pry bars' to force the BS into the correct 'home' position. There's usually a nice 'curl' position where the attachment will sit just right, and every one is different. Always spray a light oil on the locking parts, they should move smoothly.

hmm...There is the possibilty that the BS frame is bent or twisted. Use a 4 or 6' level as a straight edge and see if that's the problem.
good advice. Are used to be able to find that ‘curl’. I know it should move smoothly. I’ll check with the level.