Loader Hydraulic Line Dust Caps

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

Is there any way of putting on new hydraulic line dust caps without disassembling the hydraulic couplers entirely?

A couple of mine are about to break off and I don't really know how to get the new plastic caps on...kind of looks like the coupler would need to be pulled apart to do this.

Thanks for any help!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I couple of mine finally broke off but luckily it was right at the loop that goes around the hose fitting. So I just zip-tied the the long neck to the fitting.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi-

Is there any way of putting on new hydraulic line dust caps without disassembling the hydraulic couplers entirely?

A couple of mine are about to break off and I don't really know how to get the new plastic caps on...kind of looks like the coupler would need to be pulled apart to do this.

Thanks for any help!
On most setups, that's the only way.
You could try boiling the loop to get it to soften up, but don't be surprised when it breaks from stretching it too much. ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
On most setups, that's the only way.
You could try boiling the loop to get it to soften up, but don't be surprised when it breaks from stretching it too much. ;)
Propane torch works too......:)

A trip to TSC will net coupler covers in many sizes. I break my 'loops' regularly. I just replace them

My favorites are the ones the NH dealer sells. The have a metal ring (like a keychain ring) that fits over the coupler and the other end is a plug that goes in the coupler itself. Of course they are NH blue.

Last edited:

jgregory2010

Equipment
B2301
Mar 14, 2018
Granville, OH
My dust caps aren't broken but they won't stay on. The rubber stem has enough spring in it that it pops them off the lines. It's almost like they stretched out and are too big now. Anyone else have this issue?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My dust caps aren't broken but they won't stay on. The rubber stem has enough spring in it that it pops them off the lines. It's almost like they stretched out and are too big now. Anyone else have this issue?
I have a dust cover like you're describing. I keep some paper towels in my toolbox, so I just tear off a piece of paper towel and put it over the fitting and then push the cap over it. Not very high tech, but works!!:D