Loader Falls too fast

joeds

Equipment
L2501, BX25D, Grapple, Box Scraper, finish mower, bush hog, Grading Scraper
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
Is there any way to adjust loader drop speed on my L2501?

I'm having my rear wheels come off the ground sometimes when lowering a load of gravel if I am not super careful on the lever. And of course once you start down too fast you back off on the lever and it jerks, which causes you to accidentally, jab the lever again! Almost cartoonist to watch.

It really is touchy. Not like my other tractor. Just wondering if somewhere there is an adjustment to slow down the descent a little. It would be nice to have one like there is on the 3-point.

Rear AG tires are filled by the way.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Should be a knob near floor between your legs for that. That's it's function, if I understand correctly. Never played with it myself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

joeds

Equipment
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
Should be a knob near floor between your legs for that. That's it's function, if I understand correctly. Never played with it myself.

Thanks Sodark,

The one between your legs is only for the 3-point hitch I believe, not the loader as well. ?!?!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The one under the seat is for 3 point hitch only. If your wheels are coming off the ground then you need some counter weight on the 3 point hitch.

Reactions: 1 users

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Baaah, yeah nevermind. Now that you say that I remember. Sorry, got excited that I actually had an answer for once. Always wondered what that felt like...

Reactions: 1 user

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
Counterweight, counterweight, counterweight,,,,, did I mention counterweight? Get it on there before something bad happens! A backhoe attachment, loaded tires And a heavy box blade, concrete in a barrel anything that weighs near as much as lift capacity or what ever the manual specifies as adequate, and get use to the controls of your new machine so your able to feather them.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

For the 3 point only...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One thing to always keep in mind is that Kubota front end loaders are always stronger lift capacity wise than the tractor they are on.

My suggestion is take a smaller bite of material. You are pushing the loader to max capacity and it is impacting the stability of the tractor.

Even with my big M's, if I take a full heavy bite of something like damp dirt and drop the bucket, I can get the rears off the ground and my rears, while not loaded, have the optional cast iron center hubs.

You could put a flow restrictor spacer in the return line but it will hamper loader function all the time.

joeds

Equipment
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
Counterweight, counterweight, counterweight,,,,, did I mention counterweight? Get it on there before something bad happens! A backhoe attachment, loaded tires And a heavy box blade, concrete in a barrel anything that weighs near as much as lift capacity or what ever the manual specifies as adequate, and get use to the controls of your new machine so your able to feather them.

Ive got all that. My tires are filled and I attach a 420# Grader scraper on the rear.

The problem is when you drop a 1000# plus load too quickly and try to stop it physics take over and momentum wins!

My loader has a hair trigger on the drop. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same. Also wondered if someone had a possible fix.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ive got all that. My tires are filled and I attach a 420# Grader scraper on the rear.

The problem is when you drop a 1000# plus load too quickly and try to stop it physics take over and momentum wins!

My loader has a hair trigger on the drop. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same. Also wondered if someone had a possible fix.
Read post 8 and 9. They all have a 'hair trigger' on descent when loaded heavy simple physics.

joeds

Equipment
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
One thing to always keep in mind is that Kubota front end loaders are always stronger lift capacity wise than the tractor they are on.

My suggestion is take a smaller bite of material. You are pushing the loader to max capacity and it is impacting the stability of the tractor.

Even with my big M's, if I take a full heavy bite of something like damp dirt and drop the bucket, I can get the rears off the ground and my rears, while not loaded, have the optional cast iron center hubs.

You could put a flow restrictor spacer in the return line but it will hamper loader function all the time.
Thanks sidecar,

You input confirms what I was wondering. If a flow restrictor was used I assume it would also affect lift capacity. I just bought the L2501 this past Dec. and am still getting familiar with it. Really nice tractor for the money so far

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A proper flow restrictor,correctly installed will ONLY slow down the 'down' function of the loader. It will NOT affect the capacity of the loader or the speed of raising it.
I worked on 100T hydralics that needed 'fast up, slow down' so 'ittybitty' loaders is easy...

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
When adding a loader valve to one of my Tractors (Hurlimann 435) I put a steel ball bearing "chack ball" between the Quick couple and it's angle fitting to the valve. (direction appropriate).
A very shallow groove was put in the angular "seat" of the fitting to define flow volume. A "no seat" condition was confirmed for the opposite direction flow around the check valve to assure unrestricted lift of the boom arms.

A simple no cost improvement that works well. My application revolved around having my wife help load large rounds onto the wood splitter. She likes it the control, and I feel safer.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
More time in the seat & familiarity of your new tractor & controls will help

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

You still don't have enough weight on the three point to get the best use out of it, you should be in the 1000 to 1200 lb range on the three point regardless of wheel ballast.

You can get flow regulator for the line to slow movement, you will need the type with a reverse free flow valve or it will restrict it raising up.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
As was said above....a flow restrictor/line adjustable orifice (cheap) would do the trick !;)

DITTO on adding adjustable flow resister to loader boom circuit. I had to add one on a M4900 loader when handing rd bales before I traded it for a M7040

Attachments

joeds

Equipment
Apr 26, 2019
Tennessee
You still don't have enough weight on the three point to get the best use out of it, you should be in the 1000 to 1200 lb range on the three point regardless of wheel ballast.

You can get flow regulator for the line to slow movement, you will need the type with a reverse free flow valve or it will restrict it raising up.
WoW. 1000 lbs ballast. Other than adding the back hoe accessory (I wish!), What would you use to get up that high on weight? I don't think any of the ballast boxes would do that.

Ref the flow regulators. Can you point me to some sources? Ive not been able to look in the right places so far.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I only have a BX 23S but when the bucket load is maxed out even with counter weight the drop is as others have said....a hair trigger. I barley move the stick to stop the herky jery!:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WoW. 1000 lbs ballast. Other than adding the back hoe accessory (I wish!), What would you use to get up that high on weight? I don't think any of the ballast boxes would do that.

Ref the flow regulators. Can you point me to some sources? Ive not been able to look in the right places so far.
Some bastast boxes do, or just make your own weight.

You can get flow valves here, even with a flow valve you still need more weight on the back.

3/8"

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...nce-WFC-600-In-Line-Flow-Control-9-7960-6.axd

1/2"

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...nce-WFC-800-In-Line-Flow-Control-9-7960-8.axd