Loaded package deal price check for L2501...

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
seems about right as long as you can go see it and confirm all is true.
My radar is up right now though.
Helping a friend through a purchase and finding out it was not owned free and clear so a little mess to clear up.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Uh ... that seems like an amazing deal given the low hours, the model, the overall condition and the numerous implements. But obviously, there could be issues with the tractor or ownership, but if everything checks out that is a very good price.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I see no reference to the type of transmission. I would only consider purchasing a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. The tractors with the manual transmissions are less expensive to begin with and less desirable in the aftermarket. Good luck

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Helping a friend through a purchase and finding out it was not owned free and clear so a little mess to clear up.
No Facebook so can’t see it, but if it’s sounds like a great deal, the 2501 depending on when it sold had a good chance to get 0% for 84…

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's 100 miles from you. You better make contact and have a trailer hitched ready to leave in the morning or it won't be available. Nice tractor, excellent price with all those implements. You snooze and you'll lose!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Yea, I agree it's a good deal, if it's true.

Just for reference:

Mine is of similar model year and hours, and I have similar attachments and my price new was about $36K, and I would not sell it for 22K today.

Reactions: 2 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Thanks everyone..

So how did you figure out the seller still owned money on it MapleLeafFarmer?
When my buddy went to add it to his farm loan the credit union advised him that they already had a loan against it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks everyone..

So how did you figure out the seller still owned money on it MapleLeafFarmer?
Out of interest, let's say that you hand over $22k for the tractor and it turns out that the original owner owes money to Kubota or a bank. He's still going to be on the hook for the loan despite selling the collateral. If you pay cash it's your tractor right? I could see if you go to a bank to get a loan to buy the tractor the bank will want collateral so will most likely place a lien on the item. In that process they'll want to know if any other liens are in place on the item, and if so, wouldn't finance the purchase.

One of the advantages of a HELOC account is that you don't have to provide additional collateral since it's covered by the value of your property. Basically you can buy anything for cash without a lien put on it. The downside is that the interest rates are typically a little higher than personal loan rates, and there's the temptation to only pay the interest which isn't a good approach.

Last edited:

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Absolutely incredible deal - seems too good to be true given the resale on each component? But, they are out there. It's way off market given the pic and hours

Would be prepared with $ & trailer, but I would put eyes on it and confirm ownership etc. (you already know about liens)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That is a good point, if it is stolen and you buy it, cops trace it back, I fear you would be out 22K, I could be wrong but it would be best to check.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
That is a good point, if it is stolen and you buy it, cops trace it back, I fear you would be out 22K, I could be wrong but it would be best to check.
That brings up a good point. Who do you call? The cops? The DMV? The bank?

Since in many states there is no title for tractors it kind of puts the buyer in a "pinch" legally speaking.

Although in this case, the guy would have to have stolen the entire pole barn basically.... :p :p :p

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
we were told tractor would have gone back to the rightful owner which in our case would have been the bank as they hold title until it is paid off. Would then be between bank and the guy who sold but wasn't supposed to.

Everyone else would have had to try and get money back from the guy that had no right to sell it as it wasn't legally all his or get a court order ordering repayment (and still have to try and collect).

Good news for us is all inside the same credit union and nothing was transferred off shore and cheques have a few days hold before they get cleared so all will be fine in the end just a little stressy.

we were told if it was bitcoin, certified cheque, Western Union, gift card or other instant product it could have been more difficult depending on details.

just take care out there when buying from people you don't know (and can "disappear" without a trace) without checking out all the details like looking at original bills of sales, registration doc's, exchange of ID's, etc.... or whatever else you can get your hands on. Way too many scammers out there and getting worse every generation.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That brings up a good point. Who do you call? The cops? The DMV? The bank?

Since in many states there is no title for tractors it kind of puts the buyer in a "pinch" legally speaking.

Although in this case, the guy would have to have stolen the entire pole barn basically.... :p :p :p
When I sold the MX6000 open station, the new buyer took a big risk and mailed me a cashier's check for $36k or thereabouts. I told the new owner that I would send him a copy of Kubota's payoff letter once his check cleared and I'd paid off the balance on the tractor.

The new owner was living in Vermont I think, and asked me if I'd keep the tractor at my place for three months after he'd paid for it, and that's what happened. I'm not sure I would do what he did, particularly if I didn't know the seller.

It all worked out for both of us, but if I was a scumbag, I could have sold the tractor again and shown the Kubota pay off letter to another potential buyer. As it turns out, I was the one who got burned to the tune of $100. Once the new owner moved here, I asked him if he wanted the tire chains for $400. I paid $500 for them and used them one season. He gave me four $100 bills and I never noticed that one of them was counterfeit but the young girl at the bank sure noticed. If I thought that the deception was intentional I would have made sure to get that $100 back, but the new owner was a very decent guy so not a big deal.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
In general I would ask for a bill of sale from the seller for something like that. Not out of line to ask if seller is original owner…if so I’d think they very well may have the original bill of sale as well as manuals even service records…I would think some keep those documents / manuals….at least I do. Its a data point if they didn’t.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Good prices can mean scam. They can also just mean good prices.

Go look at it, get a feel for the guy, the property, the machine. If it all looks good, take it home. Yes, 1 in 100 used machines turn into an ownership problem or some mechanical problem or whatever. That's a risk always with used equipment. But it's not as common as you'd think from reading the internet - people who have issues post on the internet, people who it goes well for are out driving their tractor.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This is what the seller stated. Doesn't sound like a scam to me. It would be real easy to drive over there and look it over and then ask the man questions. It wouldn't take much to get enough fact to make a decision.

I'm not near as skeptical as many. A person's description, his verbage in writing and in person makes it pretty easy to figure someone out.

2019 KUBOTA L2501 tractor 126 hours ! all attachments!
$22,000
Listed 6 days ago in Des Moines, IA

Details
  • Condition
    Used - like new
Super clean l2501 25 hp tractor for sale! 126 hours! Serviced on time, greased every 8to 10 hours! 1 st service was done at 50 hours 2nd service was at 100hours! No rust, no leaks, no problems at all ! Has front 3rd function valve for grapple! Front and rear led lights! I owned it since 8 hours, for 4 years! Very nice tractor 100% all functional!!! Will come with : Grapple Flair mower Blade box 72 in rake Single plow Clip on forks Pull behind plow New post hole digger with 6in and 12in augers !!! Full set $22.000 cash or money transfer in person at my bank ! No trades!!! Pick up in Lucas Ia !!! Hours will go up slowly!!! Serious inquiries only! Thanks !!!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Different people write differently, that one doesn't grab me as being clearly non-scam. And some scams just copy description and photos entirely from another listing, so no guarantees. But if you can go see in person then you can definitely work most of it out.