Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
But just in case there are people who think for themselves, they suppress anyone with a differing opinion. It’s either their narrative or you are called a conspiracy theorist, kicked off of social media, and called crazy.
People were called crazy for saying the virus came from a lab. People were censored from social media and called crazy.
Guess what. Now it’s ok to say it came from a lab...
Some scientists have recently come out saying that they were afraid to mention the lab-leak theory previously because they didn't want to be associated with Trump. IMO suppressing scientific ideas (or choosing to keep quiet) due to politics is a very dangerous precedent.

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I understand. Being in healthcare and previously in the military it has always been something I have to provide and keep updated.

Expect Pfizer to be approved very soon, not sure about the others. The only reason it has not is a 6 month wait is required to be sure it continues to be safe and effective in phase 4 surveillance.
I haven't had to provide vaccination status on anything since leaving the military. Can't speak for anyone else's experience, but it's definitely a foreign concept to me.

I thought full (non-emergency) approval required 5 year of trials?

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That statement is just so much BS. When your 'freedom of choice' endangers the lives of people around you your 'freedom of choice' should end.
I and 10 million other Americans have compromised immune systems. You probably know some - you may not know they are immunocompromised though. I took 2 shots. I'm fully vaccinated. My body will not produce antibodies. I am vulnerable. If I contract the disease the outcome is not very bright.
For someone to say "its my choice" is the epidemy of selfishness or a total lack of understanding.
Thats where your wrong. Some of us have had to wait for more research before getting vaccinated because of underlying medical conditions.

Using your logic, someone else should be forced to take the vaccine even though it could potentially kill them because of an underlying medical condition. Just so you can feel more comfortable going out in public.

Hence the "My choice" on whether I get the vaccine or not.

People still have a personal responsibility for their actions. You still need to keep your distance from people. Still need to follow the other recommendations.

I know a couple people that have been vaccinated and currently have the virus.

You know how they got infected?? Their kids brought it home. 😉😉 They didn't pass it around their works though. Because they were still following the guidelines.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Scientists originally believed that it was spread by the holes in your nose, and the other hole called your mouth. After extensive research, they have determined that the greatest spreaders of the virus, are the a$$holes!
Aw...Dusty...that wasn’t very nice, was it? :unsure:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thats where your wrong. Some of us have had to wait for more research before getting vaccinated because of underlying medical conditions.

Using your logic, someone else should be forced to take the vaccine even though it could potentially kill them because of an underlying medical condition. Just so you can feel more comfortable going out in public.

Hence the "My choice" on whether I get the vaccine or not.

People still have a personal responsibility for their actions. You still need to keep your distance from people. Still need to follow the other recommendations.

I know a couple people that have been vaccinated and currently have the virus.

You know how they got infected?? Their kids brought it home. 😉😉 They didn't pass it around their works though. Because they were still following the guidelines.
Daren, if you have underlying conditions that prevent taking any kind of medical treatment, while you still have a choice it would be foolish to deny the science and take that treatment anyway, at least it would be most likely be foolish.

I do do not think that is the same thing...and while I could be wrong, I do not think anyone here is arguing otherwise.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
And the other side of the argument! https://science.thewire.in/the-scie...accines-are-latest-of-his-wrong-vexing-ideas/

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, if you have underlying conditions that prevent taking any kind of medical treatment, while you still have a choice it would be foolish to deny the science and take that treatment anyway, at least it would be most likely be foolish.

I do do not think that is the same thing...and while I could be wrong, I do not think anyone here is arguing otherwise.
In my response to what I quoted earlier, the person was speaking out against personal choice, and a proponent of mandatory vaccinations. People should be lining up, damn the consequences. His health is in jeopardy because other people aren't vaccinated.

I was simply pointing out that each individual is responsible for their own health. If you have underlying conditions or immunocompromised you need to take extra precautions. Either way, you can't rely on someone else's actions to keep you safe and healthy.

Reactions: 4 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Well, with approvals comes the ability to Sue the makers for unintended complications.

That should weed out the ghost busters.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
In my response to what I quoted earlier, the person was speaking out against personal choice, and a proponent of mandatory vaccinations. People should be lining up, damn the consequences. His health is in jeopardy because other people aren't vaccinated.

I was simply pointing out that each individual is responsible for their own health. If you have underlying conditions or immunocompromised you need to take extra precautions. Either way, you can't rely on someone else's actions to keep you safe and healthy.

Why does one need to demonstrate some compromise such as underlying conditions in order to qualify for the "You can't rely on someone else's actions to keep you safe and healthy"?

Shouldn't that apply to EVERYONE?

I suppose I'm missing some logic here... but... How would the "yet to be diagnosed with an underlying condition" Protect themselves differently than someone who assumes they are well and healthy?

These two edge swords are SHARP and pointy.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
In my response to what I quoted earlier, the person was speaking out against personal choice, and a proponent of mandatory vaccinations. People should be lining up, damn the consequences.
Daren - - Good point.

Wasn't it more than just you in your family that were questionable/prohibited for vaccination?

I've come across a quite a few folks that don't have an option in the last few months.

These folks don't have a choice....

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Have you not seen VAERs data? Has there not been another wave since the push for vaccines? Of course its easier just to accept the narrative and blame the unvaccinated.

Everyone needs to do their own research and assess their own risk/fear of the situation. I know where mine is at. Stay safe out there.
I believe the VAERS reports are just unverified reports and probably are NOT considered data. I assume you were referring to VAERS?

Here is a personal example. I am 74 years old. I got vaccinated last February.

About 2 weeks after the second shot, I developed some kind of facial irritation. First time in 74 years. This would have been about the time I was considered fully vaccinated.

I saw a dermatologist, who I think is a pretty good one, and getting this irritation under control took nearly four months, of trying different things.

I considered the possibility that perhaps the vaccine increased my immune system in a way that caused my body to react to whatever the natural condition of my facial skin/beard was. Action/reaction kind of thing.

Since VAERS events can be reported by anyone, and are apparently not verified, I could have reported this and it would have become a VAERS statistic.

I asked the doctor about this. He felt it was just a coincidence and unrelated.

NOW I want to think maybe my immune system sensitivity has dropped off, since almost six months has passed since the second shot. And that is why the irritation issue seems to be gone.

Time for a booster shot!

LOL

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I believe the VAERS reports are just unverified reports and probably are NOT considered data. I assume you were referring to VAERS?
That is correct.

However, it seems to me that when you have a long-running dataset that shows a sudden spike, like VAERS does, it warrants investigation. But I haven't heard anything about it being investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.