Leaky valve stem.. bx2230

Brandon_10977

Equipment
Kubota Bx2230
Dec 18, 2020
Aidan0422!
The valve stem on my Kubota is leaking. There is a liquid coming out that smells and looks like soy sauce. I need to replace the valve stem. The OG number crosses to K3211-18170. I do not think the stem in it is the same though I think it’s an air/liquid type stem.
What is the liquid in the tire now? Will this stem work as a replacement ? https://a.co/d/bKbh2lH

I think the liquid will all come out when I remove the valve core. How and what can I do to fill it up with the same liquid once I’ve replaced the stem ??

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Take the tire off and lay it on its side with the valve stem pointed toward the sky. Then beg, borrow, or steal an old-fashioned tire bead breaker and break the bead on the tire at the valve stem. Then buy some metal valve stems and install them. Reinflate the tire while it is still on the ground and set the pressure to the setting that is molded into the tire. If you have a spare tire to mount on the tractor after you remove the leaking tire, then you might be able to use the loader bucket as a bead breaker. If all else fails take it to the Kubota dealer and they will fix it for you for a fee.

Reactions: 1 users