Leaky hydraulic block

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I noticed a leak a few days ago in the four hose quick connect block mounted on FEL tower on my B2601.
Had a good puddle on the floor I had to clean up, and started looking around and found it leaking out from between the two halves of the block. I disconnected and made sure everything was clean before putting it back together. Still leaking.
Called my dealer and he called me back by that afternoon. They will be sending out a driver to pick it up and return to the shop for inspection and warranty work. He said I would be out for about two weeks due to an over load of work they have. I told him no problem. Nothing I can do. It needs looking into.
I had removed the back hoe and FEL last week to clean and grease everything in the garage. When I returned the FEL and hooked up the quick connect block and also the third function hoses, I noticed the leak on the floor. I first thought it might have been the third function block, but that was just fine. Disconnected the quick connect block after having to remove the FEL again so the lock handle would clear and inspected and wiped down the two halves again. It looked fine to me. Reconnected, put the FEL back on and operated the loader arms up and down a bit and here comes the fluid again. That's when I got on the phone and called the dealer. He talked with his service manager about the problem and SM said he had problems with the quick connect block on several BX models, but none of the B series had any complaints. I am not really liking this quick connect block. I think I do prefer to have the four hoses connect one at a time with positive lock on each versus setting the top half on lower and pulling down on a handle to make a connection that I can't even see! I expect a call either today or tomorrow that they are on the way to get the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
a lot of people here remove the flat face couplers and swap them out with regular ag fittings.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Mine leaks too, I’ve had it replaced once already as well.

IMO the single lever doesn’t always seal each connector. For me it’s always the blue line closest to the operator. I always clean the fittings and make sure it’s going on straight.

I may call and see if under warranty they will convert to 4 individual couplers. Otherwise I’ll do it at some point.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Mine leaks too, I’ve had it replaced once already as well.

IMO the single lever doesn’t always seal each connector. For me it’s always the blue line closest to the operator. I always clean the fittings and make sure it’s going on straight.

I may call and see if under warranty they will convert to 4 individual couplers. Otherwise I’ll do it at some point.
I may mention about changing over to the four individual lock on fittings as well if they will do it. Tractor is still less than a year old so not sure they will convert for me. Will need to wait for them to come get it. Today is second day of "I will call you in the next two days about sending driver to get tractor".

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I was told this afternoon that they will pick up my tractor one day next week, so I now wait.
I suggested that if the factory wants to replace the block, I would like to convert over to the four individual connectors instead of the block and he can keep the new block to sell to someone else. He was not that happy with that idea and siad he would have to check with factory seeing they installed these blocks on all the new B2601 tractors, but there was no reason I could not convert it over myself. I was trying to avoid having to buy four new male and four new female couplers and the bracket that holds them on the tractor. I will let them do the repair however they will do it and settle for that I guess. I still do not like the single quick connect block with four connections on it at one time.

Oldegreybeard

Equipment
BX2380 w/ FEL and 60" Mower Deck
May 8, 2021
BX 2380 here. Same issue with mine today. Blue connection leaking.
I cleaned all the connections and surrounding areas really well with WD 40 and a rag. Reconnected and it didnt leak when I tried it moving the joystick around. I will see if it leaks the next time I do use the loader.
Good to know there is a possible solution in case it continues to be a problem.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I believe there are three different type couplers for the hydraulics. Does anyone know which fittings male and female I need to convert over from that block to individual couplers and also the mounting hardware I have to order to fasten the hoses on the tractor? I am sure we don't just let the hoses dangle along side the tractor. On my L 3200 I had a while back had the mount with the four male and female connectors on it. Much simpler design than the one I have now with single compression lever.....that leaks!

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Had my 2380 "repaired" once by the dealer under warranty. Began leaking again shortly there after. The quick coupler design sucks because the single attachment point in the middle of the coupler allows it to rock. Replaced the upper coupler with 4 Summit hydraulics 1/4 NPT flat face female couplers. No need to change the lower males. Also required 4, 3/8 JIC to 1/4 NPT adapters. Hasn't leaked since.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Oldegreybeard

Equipment
BX2380 w/ FEL and 60" Mower Deck
May 8, 2021
I cleaned all the connections and surrounding areas really well with WD 40 and a rag. Reconnected and it didnt leak when I tried it moving the joystick around. I will see if it leaks the next time I do use the loader.
In reference to my previous post. It's not the quick connect device. It continued to leak.
I have all but stopped the leak by holding the nut on the metal hydraulic line while tightening the 22 mm female connected to that through the receiver plate mounted to the tractor. It looks like who ever assembled it didnt tighten them fully. They need to be disassemble and re taped. I think that will take care of it.