latest fad...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That app just proves how many brain dead idiots are out there :rolleyes: Personally, I think they should quit with the public service and safety announcements and let natural selection take its course ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
We had two people walk into traffic & get hit by cars here the first day it started.
My dog got upset that night, I looked out front & saw 3 people at the end of my driveway. Grabbed some hardware & investigated, turns out they were chasing Pokemon. Morons.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I looked out front & saw 3 people at the end of my driveway. Grabbed some hardware & investigated, turns out they were chasing Pokemon. Morons.
'Round here, 3 people at the end of a driveway mean couple things: Jehovah Witnesses, or a large congregation.:p

Kinda doubt those Poke critters have a high concentration in the woods. But, what do I know?:confused:

After dark in my 'hood, the 3 people should worry about the "hardware.":eek:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I smell a big law suit where people with no common sense will sue a large corporation because they have lots of money.

I know you think I am making this up but, I vaguely remember it happening a few hundred times before...

:rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Kinda makes one wonder what kind of lives these people have..
I was talking to the one grand daughter about it and she told me that so much information is being collected off peoples phones it is unbelievable. Seems this is a very intrusive program, and unknowns found on the property are always met with a smile and hardware

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Almost a decade ago, a friend of mine told me that FaceBook had been completely integrated into the Homeland Security Database. They comb that site, along with thousands of others mining for data. People willingly offer up loads of personal information and when its online, its fair game.

Remember the discovery about the flashlight app you could download on your smart phone to make your LED flash a flashlight? Turns out the programs were loaded with Chinese spyware and corrupted phones to the point of needing to be wiped clean.

The same future is coming with "the cloud." My nephew is senior programmer for HP and he said that millions of people who rely solely upon cloud back-up will one day awake to find their entire storage either gone or corrupted.

My iMac backs up to a HD under my desk. That's as far as I want any of my data going.

Ray

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I don't get wanting to use the cloud either. I want access to my files even if the internet is down. I have a hard drive under my desk also that gets backed up everyday. It's locked up so in case someone can somehow get through the lock that secures my tower maybe they won't see or be able to get to the hard drive. I don't have a smartphone either, but I backup my contacts and any pictures I may want to keep to my computer every so often.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The value of the cloud is a 3rd copy of the data you want to save. It is the what if a fire burns down the house, most likely both your current copies are gone. There have been a few cloud providers go away, but generally you get a little notice prior to shutting the doors. Do the research and it should be safe if done as part of a data backup plan. Would hate to lose any pictures of my Orange Dream Machine :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use a tablet and pencil aint nobody ever hacked that