Land Pride third function valve

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I have a LX2610 with a Land Pride third function valve. It works great with the Land Pride grapple and I am very happy with the function. However; when I have the bucket on the loader and nothing is connected to the third function valve I find myself pushing the buttons accidentally while operating the bucket. Has anyone solved this problem or do I simply have to learn to keep my hand and fingers away from those buttons?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Some I’ve seen seem to have an on/off as well as a open/close. If you have a on/off, I suppose you could turn it off. Mine doesn’t have the on/off, just the open/close toggle. I change my grip when not running the grapple and keep my thumb off the toggle. Basically leave my hand in the same place but let my thumb float rather than gripping with thumb. Stick is pretty easy to move so don’t need a death grip on it.

Don’t know that it would cause damage to bump it once in a while, but charging disconnected lines just doesn’t seem to be useful and generally less than ideal so I don’t do it.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Some I’ve seen seem to have an on/off as well as a open/close. If you have a on/off, I suppose you could turn it off. Mine doesn’t have the on/off, just the open/close toggle. I change my grip when not running the grapple and keep my thumb off the toggle. Basically leave my hand in the same place but let my thumb float rather than gripping with thumb. Stick is pretty easy to move so don’t need a death grip on it.

Don’t know that it would cause damage to bump it once in a while, but charging disconnected lines just doesn’t seem to be useful and generally less than ideal so I don’t do it.
Thank you for the reply. My third function valve does not have an on/off switch. I have seen that in some you tube videos and I assume they have another make of valve. I will try to change my grip so I don't push the buttons. My buttons are on the outside of the knob, opposite my thumb.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I added a separate "ON/OFF" toggle switch to my 3rd function install so that it can be de-energized when the grapple is off or not in use.

Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have a 2610 with a kubota 3rd function. There is an on/off button on the outside of the stick a little lower down. And the operator buttons are on the inside of the stick.

I can post pics later. But I’m curious of your setup. Can you post pics?

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Thank you for the reply. My third function valve does not have an on/off switch. I have seen that in some you tube videos and I assume they have another make of valve. I will try to change my grip so I don't push the buttons. My buttons are on the outside of the knob, opposite my thumb.
Below attachment is from land pride install instructions. As shown in attachment, loosen jam nuts and the set screws, turn the knob until you get buttons where you want them, then tighten set screws and jam nuts.

Attachments

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Below attachment is from land pride install instructions. As shown in attachment, loosen jam nuts and the set screws, turn the knob until you get buttons where you want them, then tighten set screws and jam nuts.
I was wondering if that could be done. That way, with the buttons on the inside by my thumb I may be less likely to push them unintentionally. I will try that.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I added a separate "ON/OFF" toggle switch to my 3rd function install so that it can be de-energized when the grapple is off or not in use.
That is a good idea. Did you access the wiring where the fuse is? I am hesitant to cut wires right now because the tractor and implements are still shiny new.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I have a 2610 with a kubota 3rd function. There is an on/off button on the outside of the stick a little lower down. And the operator buttons are on the inside of the stick.

IMG_1110[1].JPG
IMG_1111[1].JPG

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Yeah, I would not like it at all if the button wasn’t on the inside where it naturally falls under my thumb.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Yeah, I would not like it at all if the button wasn’t on the inside where it naturally falls under my thumb.
I will spin it around tomorrow. I think that will put the buttons in a better place where I am less likely to push them unintentionally, and having them on the thumb side will be extra insurance against pushing both at the same time.

Reactions: 2 users

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I will spin it around tomorrow. I think that will put the buttons in a better place where I am less likely to push them unintentionally, and having them on the thumb side will be extra insurance against pushing both at the same time.
Where is the control valve at? Is it protected or is it out in the open?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
That is a good idea. Did you access the wiring where the fuse is? I am hesitant to cut wires right now because the tractor and implements are still shiny new.
Yes, on my B2650 at the fuse box I found a 12 volt supply that was switched "on" with the tractor's key. I tapped onto that wire to feed the ON/OFF switch I added for my 3rd function control.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Here is the control that’s on my 3rd function. The green light lights up when it’s on. Sometimes I hit the “on” button with my hand and I don’t see it’s on because it’s hidden from view when I’m in the seat.

Attachments

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Where is the control valve at? Is it protected or is it out in the open?
The control valve, the part with the two solenoids, is in front of the brake pedal and protected from the side by a heavy steel plate that goes up to where the loader is mounted. That looks good to me.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I had the same problem so I installed a switch. When the switch is on it lights up.
That looks like a good solution. I have rotated the handle around so the buttons are on the thumb side and that looks like it will work for me. If I still have trouble with it then I will go with the toggle switch that lights when on. Thank you.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Thank you all for your help. I think I have a reasonable solution now by rotating the control handle so the switches are on the inside, by my thumb. I am surprised that the installer didn't do it that way in the first place, but that's the way things go.