LA524 Quick Attach? (SSQA)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I think I might not be looking in the right places for this critter...

I got my L3200 with the LA524 loader on it. I've been looking to see if the part was in existence to make it into an SSQA loader. I don't mind changing bucket to SSQA to start as I figure if I got a lot of attachments, I'd just cut off the standard pins on the factory bucket and mod it to an SSQA one.

Anyone know of a Kubota part number to turn an LA524 into an SSQA loader?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Maybe THAT's why I'm having issues finding it! Thanks NIWolfman, as always, you rock. :D

However, both those parts are for the LA514 and the LA 555, I'm wondering if the LA524 can handle them... That "New for OLD>>, OLD for New<<" is confusing to me but maybe it's obvious to someone else?

I think that would be New for OLDer model? So I get the one for the LA555?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Looks like it's $530 bucks before shipping... I'll have to get richer quicker before I can handle that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do like I have done , and make your own.
You can buy the latches and plates for around $180 and with a little welding it's done.
Buy a stock attachment plate to use as a template to make it all line up. ;)

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
I think I might not be looking in the right places for this critter...

I got my L3200 with the LA524 loader on it. I've been looking to see if the part was in existence to make it into an SSQA loader. I don't mind changing bucket to SSQA to start as I figure if I got a lot of attachments, I'd just cut off the standard pins on the factory bucket and mod it to an SSQA one.

Anyone know of a Kubota part number to turn an LA524 into an SSQA loader?
I was in the same boat as you when I wanted to convert my L3600 to SSQA. Because it wasn't offered for my tractor, I ended up going with a Kubota SSQA that fits another model of loader. The dimensions were close enough that it worked out great just by adding a few washers to fill in space at the pins.

I ordered it from a local Kubota dealer for $431 and it fits/works great.

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Do like I have done , and make your own.
You can buy the latches and plates for around $180 and with a little welding it's done.
Buy a stock attachment plate to use as a template to make it all line up. ;)
Yeah, I liked your build as well. May I ask where you got the latches and plates again?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I was in the same boat as you when I wanted to convert my L3600 to SSQA. Because it wasn't offered for my tractor, I ended up going with a Kubota SSQA that fits another model of loader. The dimensions were close enough that it worked out great just by adding a few washers to fill in space at the pins.

I ordered it from a local Kubota dealer for $431 and it fits/works great.
That is a nice unit Houser52... it certainly is for being $100 cheaper. Do you have any torqueing problems with just that pipe for a cross member?

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Here is one option:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301452118445?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And on your comment of it just being a pipe for the cross member, 90% of them are made that way, I prefer to use a rectangle tube when I build them, but that's just me.
Thank you kind sir. Don't know why I didn't think of ebay, I practically live on that site. I was so focused on Kubota factory stuff...

They have a kit there for $240 that has the cut square tube but you still have to weld it... boy is that a rip off. $70 just for a little heavy gauge square tube...sheesh.

Okay, you have me convinced. That is the route I'm going. I don't think my mig will cut it on the welds, time to fire up Mr. Stick Welder... or get some TIG practice in...

Then I'll have to back mod my bucket for SSQA... I guess I'll have to buy that first SSQA attachment to force me to make the change! (or maybe convince my wife!)