LA350 Control Valve

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
Hi All! Brand new to Kubota life with the recent purchase of a 1994 2150BHST with a LA350 FEL. Has just 1700 hrs and is in good shape for its age. In short, does anyone have a resource for replacement of the control valve for the loader? Local dealer says the valve and seal kit are obsolete with no alternate replacements. Mine is leaking and has worn linkage so its very sloppy. I'm guessing the alternative is an aftermarket replacement. I'm capable of disassembly and re-seal as a first measure but need to find a suitable seal kit. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi All! Brand new to Kubota life with the recent purchase of a 1994 2150BHST with a LA350 FEL. Has just 1700 hrs and is in good shape for its age. In short, does anyone have a resource for replacement of the control valve for the loader? Local dealer says the valve and seal kit are obsolete with no alternate replacements. Mine is leaking and has worn linkage so its very sloppy. I'm guessing the alternative is an aftermarket replacement. I'm capable of disassembly and re-seal as a first measure but need to find a suitable seal kit. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you!
Looks like that is a simple monoblock valve mounted on the loader frame. Generic aftermarket replacements run about $250.

Dan

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
You should be able to pull the valve assembly ( after taking pics & identifying what goes where ) to any reputable hydraulic place & they can set you up . These things aren't rocket science . Now installing a set of T&T hydraulics piece by piece may be said rocket science .
animal

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Surpluscenter.com and summit-hydraulics.com are often quoted on here.
Your tractor shows a little under 8 GPM, so you'd need one designed for that flow - don't over size it. Loader valves typically have detent float on the lift section. If you're considering third function for a grapple etc., you might consider a valve with a third spool.
edit - oh yeah, you'll probably need to buy a power beyond plug/spool separately for it. And most valves have an adjustable relief valve in them.

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I just replaced mine with Prince MB21BB5C1 Directional Control Valve, Monoblock, Cast Iron, 2 Spool, 4 Ways, 3 Positions, Double Acting Cylinder Spool, Spring Center, Straight.
It’s rated at 8 gpm and included the power beyond plug adapter.
On Amazon for $175 with shipping. Make sure you get the correct fittings. My local hydraulic store provided me with the correct adapters. And do not over-tighten the fittings.
You should be able to find a similar valve with a joystick and float, if desired.

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
Thank you to everyone who responded with some great info. After I posted these questions, the dealer got back to me and said both the valve and seal kit is available! So, I opted of course for the seal kit first and I'll see where that gets me on the leak and play issues once I pull the valve off the machine and investigate deeper. I'll keep you posted on my progress / results. Thank you all again!

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
Thank you to everyone who responded with some great info. After I posted these questions, the dealer got back to me and said both the valve and seal kit is available! So, I opted of course for the seal kit first and I'll see where that gets me on the leak and play issues once I pull the valve off the machine and investigate deeper. I'll keep you posted on my progress / results. Thank you all again!
Let us know if the seal kit works. I kept my Kubota OEM controller and thought about fixing it and selling it.