l6060 operator presence switch

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I have resisted bypassing it, but it is getting worse (or I am losing weight).

I now have to bounce down into the seat sometimes to keep it from shutting me down. Can anyone tell me if I can bypass it without removing the seat?

I have removed the seat before and it is a pain to do. I'd rather just snip the wires and marry one together ... has anyone done this recently? Any reason I shouldn't? My Ford 8N didn't have one, my Ford 3000 didn't have one, my John Deere 60 HP didn't have one and above all, my MD3A Hough Tow Tractor didnt have one (and I got blown off that sucker twice).....

I need some guidance here!

Gemstone19

Jan 5, 2020
Strawberry AR
Hit the switch with WD40, it’s a non conductor so it’s safe and may even do the trick. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
We had to put a bypass switch on ours so we could run a pto generator without sitting on the tractor. It's nice when using the forks too with the seat switch in the bypass position you can stand up and see the forks while picking up skids.

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
On my BX, I was able to make a jumper using a short piece of wire and two "male tab" crimp-on connectors. I just pulled the connector off the switch and stick the ends of the jumper into the connector. No wires to cut and it's reversible.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
On my L3560HSTC there were 2 connectors, one can just be taken apart and the other needs to be jumped. I just tilted the seat forward and worked at it. I understand the so called safety need to protect ourselves from ourselves, but I always take responsibility for my own actions, not like many who blame everything on someone else.