L4610 reverse only

Aroye

Equipment
L4610
May 19, 2019
North Carolina
My L4610 goes real slow in forward. It seems normal in reverse. Hydralic oil was low. Filled but same problem. Was Bush hogging pasture with some small trees when it stopped going forward. Any suggestions?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
HST or GST helps troubleshooting knowing the difference.

HST:
If it happens all the sudden, look for a stick that might have gotten jammed up in the HST pedal linkage, or smashed a filter or line.

GST:
Same thing except other side and in shift linkage, and or wiring to the GST controls.

Aroye

Equipment
L4610
May 19, 2019
North Carolina
Alright. I finally got a chance to get under it. I found where a hard hydraulic tube got bent and was preventing the pedal from going all the way down. It is better but still not like it was. I had noticed that the nut holding the pedal in its bracket had come completely loose so I tightened it. A lot. And now it has stripped on me and I can't loosen it. Could that not being to tight prevent the pedal from going all the way forward?

Aroye

Equipment
L4610
May 19, 2019
North Carolina
Ok. I got the nut off and out a new one on. Not as tight this time and it is still hard to push all the way down to go forward. Reverse is fine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look at the linkage, you will see a damper (looks like a mini shock) remove one side of that and see what you get.

Something is either bent or broken causing the pedal not to move.

Also if equipped with cruise control, make sure that is off.

Aroye

Equipment
L4610
May 19, 2019
North Carolina
I took the damper off and it is still real hard to push the pedal down. There doesn't seem to be anything else hitting against the linkage. The spring and tensioner did look bent to me so I bent it back to where it looks correct. The pedal seems a little looser now but still not right. I might be getting close.