L4240 just got home (N.T.S.)

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations, that is a really nice tractor, it took me a while to fully appreciate the features on the HST+ and was initially a bit skeptical, but I learned and it is great. The L4240 is a nice size tractor.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Congratulations, that is a really nice tractor, it took me a while to fully appreciate the features on the HST+ and was initially a bit skeptical, but I learned and it is great. The L4240 is a nice size tractor.
Congrats on your new tractor.

TripleR, I have a new L3540 w/HST+ and was wondering what you meant by appreciate the features of the HST+? I am a newbie and am always looking for tips and pointers.

Thanks

Al

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congrats on your new tractor.

TripleR, I have a new L3540 w/HST+ and was wondering what you meant by appreciate the features of the HST+? I am a newbie and am always looking for tips and pointers.

Thanks

Al
My previous tractor was an L5030 HSTC with just a standard 3peed HST which had done everything I needed and I just didn't see how an HSTC+ could be all that much better and more productive.

When I tried my L5740, it was set on auto throttle and I hadn't learned to set a minimum throttle setting, so it dropped lower than I liked when I let of the HST pedal, stall guard didn't engage as I thought it would, but the conditions weren't there to trigger it.

It wasn't until I had it on our farm for a while and learned how to use all of the functions that I really understood all of them and not only how they worked, but how they worked best for me in each situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzO_-LCd838

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
My previous tractor was an L5030 HSTC with just a standard 3peed HST which had done everything I needed and I just didn't see how an HSTC+ could be all that much better and more productive.

When I tried my L5740, it was set on auto throttle and I hadn't learned to set a minimum throttle setting, so it dropped lower than I liked when I let of the HST pedal, stall guard didn't engage as I thought it would, but the conditions weren't there to trigger it.

It wasn't until I had it on our farm for a while and learned how to use all of the functions that I really understood all of them and not only how they worked, but how they worked best for me in each situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzO_-LCd838
Awesome, thanks for the fantastic video

sidearm

Jul 10, 2013
Fennville, Michigan, USA
Now its on to extras. Looking for the info on rear remotes for a log splitter and I have to turn the FEL into ssqa. By the wya, damn does this machine turn a brush hog. Sucks to be the small trees I cleared out of our hunting path today :cool: