L4060 ROPs Power Steering Supply Line

JHS

Equipment
L4060 Limited
May 19, 2024
Southeast Arkansas
Hi All, new member here hoping someone might be able to offer some advise. My Grand L4060 starting leaking hydraulic fluid today. The source appears to be a hairline crack, that I can’t really see, on the power steering supply line at the connection to the hydraulic pump. Where the metal line is brazed to the “eyelet connector”. It doesn’t spray oil, oil just appears there. Wipe if off and it reappears. Enough for a constant drip.

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience replacing this line and has any advise? It appears I’ll need to take the front end loader bracket off on the right side. The line is rigid and does a good bit of snaking through tight areas on both ends. Is there anything else significant that needs to be removed to get it in? I just want to make sure I don’t bite off more than I can chew.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack
IMG_0407.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It is possible that the oil is running down the tube and pooling there??

I would clean it well for a few vertical inches and then put something like a tissue around it to see if it gets wet below the tissue or if the tissue gets oily.

JHS

Equipment
L4060 Limited
May 19, 2024
Southeast Arkansas
It is possible that the oil is running down the tube and pooling there??

I would clean it well for a few vertical inches and then put something like a tissue around it to see if it gets wet below the tissue or if the tissue gets oily.
Thanks Russell, I really think it’s coming out at the circled area. It stays dry above that point. I had a buddy look at it this morning and he came to the same conclusion. He also mentioned that when I turned the wheel it really came out. I didn’t get to witness that.
Thanks,
Jack

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Russell, I really think it’s coming out at the circled area. It stays dry above that point. I had a buddy look at it this morning and he came to the same conclusion. He also mentioned that when I turned the wheel it really came out. I didn’t get to witness that.
Thanks,
Jack
I would replace both sealing washers on the banjo bolt before doing anything crazy. Its cheap and easy....

Dan