L3901 P0605 what to do before buying a new ECU

abingram

Equipment
L3901 rotary cutter box blade landscape rake FEL
Oct 2, 2017
Corinth, MS
Hi folks, my L3901 had to have a new battery connector. The battery was drained because of a loose connection. I got a new connection,
IMG_7616.jpg
Negative
IMG_7615.jpg
Positive side
The new connector was not copper but silver (not lead). I connected the positive to the new connector but it was not as snug.
The first crank is the same old story as other threads- I got the P0605 code. Checked with other threads. Same symptoms as other P0605 threads.
How can I know it is the ECU before I shell out nearly $3K for a new one? Tighten all connections? But a new connector and see if that works? Can I reset the ECU and remove the error code without more damage? $3K is a chunk of change I'd rather not spend right now.
I bought the tractor new in 2016 from a local dealer. It has 425 hrs on it. Replaced one battery.

Any advice in addition to sarcasm?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Another member posted this in another P0605 thread.
Issue: The engine may fail to start and DTC code P0605 or P0606 may appear.

Solution: If DTC P0605 is present, replace the engine ECU with the updated engine ECU for your unit per the Workshop Manual and carry out a manual DPF regeneration per the Diagnosis Manual.
If only DTC P0606 is present, update the ECU Software to the latest software and clear the DTC codes from the ECU and the instrument panel hour meter.

Call your dealer and tell them your symptoms and that you need TSB-2023-035-E-R1 performed.

Here is the thread.

Reactions: 1 users

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
....Any advice in addition to sarcasm?...
{sarcasm on} What the heck is in the air to corrode that connection so fast? Or is Kubota saving money by using the thinnest metal possible to get the tractor out the door?

The pink sticker on the battery reads "10/20", I assume Oct. 2020? Or is that for something else?

{hopefully, I'll remember to post a photo of my terminals from 2005 tractor}

Reactions: 1 user