L3800 l3901 l2502

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
Wow that's a killer deal! Glad it worked out!

Yea the wife was not keen on why I absolutely needed a tractor as soon as we bought our place. But it's obviously come in very handy over the past 3 years and much like fried1765 with his TLB purchase, I don't think I'd really lose anything if I had to sell right now. Especially with all the implements I've managed to pick up for REALLY good deals in my eyes.

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Yea the wife was not keen on why I absolutely needed a tractor as soon as we bought our place. But it's obviously come in very handy over the past 3 years and much like fried1765 with his TLB purchase, I don't think I'd really lose anything if I had to sell right now. Especially with all the implements I've managed to pick up for REALLY good deals in my eyes.
Thanks! That's what I'm thinking!

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Congrats on your new tractor to you Buckeye! It was a win, win, for both the buyer and the seller. The buyer got a great deal and the seller prolly sold it for what he paid new for it and basically used it free for all those years. Worth the effort to take care of your equipment.
Good lesson here!

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Congrats on your new tractor to you Buckeye! It was a win, win, for both the buyer and the seller. The buyer got a great deal and the seller prolly sold it for what he paid new for it and basically used it free for all those years. Worth the effort to take care of your equipment.
Good lesson here!
Thank you! Everybody here is so helpful and supportive! It's really awesome especially for someone like me that's never owned a tractor! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you! Everybody here is so helpful and supportive! It's really awesome especially for someone like me that's never owned a tractor! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!
We all get great satisfaction from spending other's money! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Good lesson here!
Did I miss the announcement? Did Buckeye22 pull the trigger?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I think/hope he did!
I hope he bought it already. No way that deal would last more than a few days. If it was here, I buy it to get a couple more attachments and sell the tractor and FEL. It’d fetch $20k over here pretty easy. Or maybe I’d have another tractor.

My opinion is a modern HST tractor has little need for cutting brakes, useable or otherwise. I have tractors with both and don’t use them at all.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My opinion is a modern HST tractor has little need for cutting brakes, useable or otherwise. I have tractors with both and don’t use them at all.
I agree. Everything else being equal, it'd be nice to have them. But that L3800 is a great deal, so everything else isn't equal. For the very few times you'd use them, you just have to put both feet over the same side of the tractor - so you can use them, it's just hard.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I agree. Everything else being equal, it'd be nice to have them. But that L3800 is a great deal, so everything else isn't equal. For the very few times you'd use them, you just have to put both feet over the same side of the tractor - so you can use them, it's just hard.
I agree I’d rather have the option than not, and since I only have one right leg, the cutting brakes on my L are of no use. But my B has them in the right place (left side) and I’ve yet to use them, other than to confirm they work. These CUTs turn so sharp as it is, I just don’t have any need for them with my usage. So it wouldn’t affect my purchasing decision. But I suppose some buyers with very specific needs might need them, but my nearly 5 decades of tractor usage doesn’t allow me to identify them.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I agree I’d rather have the option than not, and since I only have one right leg, the cutting brakes on my L are of no use. But my B has them in the right place (left side) and I’ve yet to use them, other than to confirm they work. These CUTs turn so sharp as it is, I just don’t have any need for them with my usage. So it wouldn’t affect my purchasing decision. But I suppose some buyers with very specific needs might need them, but my nearly 5 decades of tractor usage doesn’t allow me to identify them.
I also have them on my B2601, I also have never used them. But I could......

Like I say, not a deal breaker, but if there were two tractors side by side and one had them and one didn't, I'd take the one with.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I assumed Buck purchased the L3800. I could be wrong, but being a betting guy, he will share his nice aquire soon.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I also have them on my B2601, I also have never used them. But I could......

Like I say, not a deal breaker, but if there were two tractors side by side and one had them and one didn't, I'd take the one with.
I mowed the community land yesterday. So I used my split brakes for the first time, just to see. They make a big difference to turning circle. But probably more work than it's worth for mowing lawns. It didn't tear it up too much, but probably more than I'd do on my own lawn.

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update. I was in the keys, then a 17 hour drive back home yesterday due to traffic!! I wasn't as lucky as I was hoping in negotiations and he only came down to 24,500. Still probably going to buy it, but a little more than I wanted to spend - at least no taxes. I did get a couple more pictures. My wife is probably having surgery on Wednesday and I'll need to play the roles of nurse/mom/dad/cook/clean/taxi/insert all the things our wives do, so I might not get out to buy it until her recovery is over, which might be a week. I'll keep y'all posted, but is the extra 2500 enough that I should walk away? My market is hard to find anything this size and price point for some reason.
1000023283.jpg
1000023284.jpg
1000023285.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I use the turning brakes for two purposes: when I’m rotary cutting around trees; and when I’m plowing or tilling the garden to turn around at the end of a row.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update. I was in the keys, then a 17 hour drive back home yesterday due to traffic!! I wasn't as lucky as I was hoping in negotiations and he only came down to 24,500. Still probably going to buy it, but a little more than I wanted to spend - at least no taxes. I did get a couple more pictures. My wife is probably having surgery on Wednesday and I'll need to play the roles of nurse/mom/dad/cook/clean/taxi/insert all the things our wives do, so I might not get out to buy it until her recovery is over, which might be a week. I'll keep y'all posted, but is the extra 2500 enough that I should walk away? My market is hard to find anything this size and price point for some reason. View attachment 125812 View attachment 125811 View attachment 125813
If you are even close to being SERIOUS about this machine, you NEED to put down a SUBSTANTIAL deposit NOW!
Everything this guy owns looks NEW!
Next guy to look at it will BUY it!
I would!

Reactions: 2 users

Buckeye22

Mar 30, 2024
South carolina
If you are even close to being SERIOUS about this machine, you NEED to put down a SUBSTANTIAL deposit NOW!
Everything this guy owns looks NEW!
Next guy to look at it will BUY it!
I would!
This is the validation I needed at the higher price point. Thank you! This tractor is as good as mine 🙂