L3800: can I move a 1200 pound generator?

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
I'd bet it would be fine nice and slow if you put on a heavy rear implement. I actually have half of an old oil tank, cut in half, and welded on some pin holes so it attaches to the three point. I use it to load up fire wood and move it easily to where I want to unload it. If I'm stacking I take it out by hand, if I want to dump it I put it down, undonthe top hitch, tip it and drive away. With something like what I have you could load it up with some stone for ballast.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
OP back with an update...

I put my grapple on because it is the most solid anchor point I've got. Put the rotary cutter on the back for ballast. I rigged up a sling and anchored it to the bottom of the back edge of the grapple. No, turns out I cannot lift a 1200 pound generator... but I can curl it! By tilting the grapple down, lifting to take all the slack out, then tilting the grapple up I can get a few inches of clearance, just enough for my needs. I was able to move it (very slowly) from where I had dragged it off the trailer and into the garage so I can tear it down in relative comfort. Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement, guys!

-- Carl

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
OP back with another update...

After moving the generator a couple times with my jury rigged sling contraption I researched pallet forks and ordered a lightweight set from Titan. Turns out I can lift it just fine. Whew, that problem just got a lot easier! :)

-- Carl

Attachments