L35 rear hydraulics

kubotab2150

Equipment
L35 hoe,,fel phd, b-hog,wood splitter
Dec 26, 2017
mohnton, pa usa
Traded in my B2150 on an L35. I guess I got to change the screen name :) So far love the machine just getting used to it. I have my hoe off (what a pain, never off since it was owned the 3 pt hitch was new in the box, anyways) and want to hook up a wood splitter to the rear hydraulic hoses. First if I can find the right fittings would this work directly connecting to the hoses going to the hoe? Also I am trying to figure out the fitting size, on my female side I see #4-62 with Parker 60 series, is this the size and fitting or is their some other identification I should look for? My wood splitter has 2 3/4 SAE hoses with 100r2at stamped on them with 2250 PSI rating. This worked well on my B2150 but now got to figure this out. Don't think i need aux hookups because I only need these lines for the splitter when the hoe is off. I usually just take the blown hose to the shop but of coarse it not blown or easily removable. Somebody with some knowledge or own one advise, thank you in advance.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Traded in my B2150 on an L35. I guess I got to change the screen name :) So far love the machine just getting used to it. I have my hoe off (what a pain, never off since it was owned the 3 pt hitch was new in the box, anyways) and want to hook up a wood splitter to the rear hydraulic hoses. First if I can find the right fittings would this work directly connecting to the hoses going to the hoe? Also I am trying to figure out the fitting size, on my female side I see #4-62 with Parker 60 series, is this the size and fitting or is their some other identification I should look for? My wood splitter has 2 3/4 SAE hoses with 100r2at stamped on them with 2250 PSI rating. This worked well on my B2150 but now got to figure this out. Don't think i need aux hookups because I only need these lines for the splitter when the hoe is off. I usually just take the blown hose to the shop but of coarse it not blown or easily removable. Somebody with some knowledge or own one advise, thank you in advance.
Mine has Pioneer fittings. You should be able to get a pair from Tractor Supply. They have pipe threads. You may need to adapt to you hose ends.

kubotab2150

Equipment
Dec 26, 2017
mohnton, pa usa
Mine has Pioneer fittings. You should be able to get a pair from Tractor Supply. They have pipe threads. You may need to adapt to you hose ends.
Ok for the ones that go to the hoe and the return what size fitting did you get for that? Oviously can not take the hose to match it up thanks.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Ok for the ones that go to the hoe and the return what size fitting did you get for that? Oviously can not take the hose to match it up thanks.
If they're both the same can you take a hose with you when you buy the couplings? Or post a picture of your hose end (with a size reference) and maybe someone can tell you.

kubotab2150

Equipment
Dec 26, 2017
mohnton, pa usa
If they're both the same can you take a hose with you when you buy the couplings? Or post a picture of your hose end (with a size reference) and maybe someone can tell you.
Maybe I am not explaining myself clearly, the current stock connections at the back of the tractor that nomally goes to the hoe, can you tell me what pioneer fittings you got from TSC, I am on their website and am confused, the number I found on the fitting doesn't match anything I see anywhere, thank you again I realize I am not explaining myself well.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
[QUOTE="kubotab2150, post: 411310, member: 33953"

here is the photo of the male and female side of my back of the tractor I just looking for what fitting from TSC will mate up this, of coarse I would need the male and female fitting.
Just a guess, but 1/2" ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers. They are definitely the ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers, just not sure of the size. They should be 1/2" being a TLB machine.

Good luck.

kubotab2150

Equipment
Dec 26, 2017
mohnton, pa usa
Just a guess, but 1/2" ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers. They are definitely the ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers, just not sure of the size. They should be 1/2" being a TLB machine.

Good luck.
Ok where did you get them online it doesn’t look like TSC carries this fitting

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Ok where did you get them online it doesn’t look like TSC carries this fitting
Here is an online source.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
[QUOTE="kubotab2150, post: 411310, member: 33953"

here is the photo of the male and female side of my back of the tractor I just looking for what fitting from TSC will mate up this, of coarse I would need the male and female fitting.
Hope I didn't mislead you. I haven't actually bought these. I just know I have Pioneer fittings, almost positive they are 1/2" body size. Here they are at TSC: female https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-poppet-standard-iso-interchange?cm_vc=-10005

And male https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...f-fits-all-current-models-poppet?cm_vc=-10005
Both of these get you to 1/2" pipe. You may have to order them or get them at NAPA or ?.

kubotab2150

Equipment
Dec 26, 2017
mohnton, pa usa
Ok quick update, we have success! Anyone who has an l35 can run rear hydros without a separate large purchase. I did buy 1/2" ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers they were about 19 bucks online. Then I got the 3/4 to 1/2 Coupling I got at the local Lowe’s. All in all under 30 bucks total.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Ok quick update, we have success! Anyone who has an l35 can run rear hydros without a separate large purchase. I did buy 1/2" ISO 7241-1 series B poppet couplers they were about 19 bucks online. Then I got the 3/4 to 1/2 Coupling I got at the local Lowe’s. All in all under 30 bucks total.
A word of caution.

You have used galvanized plumbing fittings, a 2 reducers and nipples. The parts you bought at Lowes!

These fittings are not designed for the pressures developed in hydraulic systems and can crack leading to dangerous leaks which can inject hydraulic fluid through your skin or eyes.

The fittings are only rated for 300 psi WOG which means Water, oil or gas.

Galvanized fittings resist rust and corrosion, are NSF-61 listed, and certified for use in potable water applications. Max. pressure: 300 psi WOG at 150°F

Go to a real hydraulics shop and get the proper fittings as your hydraulc system can see close to 3,000 psi.

Dave

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
A word of caution.

You have used galvanized plumbing fittings, a 2 reducers and nipples. The parts you bought at Lowes!

These fittings are not designed for the pressures developed in hydraulic systems and can crack leading to dangerous leaks which can inject hydraulic fluid through your skin or eyes.

The fittings are only rated for 300 psi WOG which means Water, oil or gas.

Galvanized fittings resist rust and corrosion, are NSF-61 listed, and certified for use in potable water applications. Max. pressure: 300 psi WOG at 150°F

Go to a real hydraulics shop and get the proper fittings as your hydraulc system can see close to 3,000 psi.

Dave
+1 And when they go will be under max. pressure.