L3301 HST w/LA525. Bucket does not go up and down well

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
All the other hydraulic functions. The bucket will roll like is should. The bucket will fall freely when put in float. Sometimes it will go up fine then stall and go very slow. Down is very slow. Will go up and down decent if rolling at same time. Please help me out. I have tried new hoses to valve. It's driving me crazy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you replaced any of the quick disconnects?

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
Have you replaced any of the quick disconnects?
No. I did take them apart and looked good. But that would make since like one is restricting it. Could I just swap the lift ones for the roll ones and try that. Or remove them completely. I never have removed the thing anyways.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No. I did take them apart and looked good. But that would make since like one is restricting it. Could I just swap the lift ones for the roll ones and try that. Or remove them completely. I never have removed the thing anyways.
You cannot swap the connectors on that valve.

If the 3pt is raised lower it and see if that fixes the problem.

Dan

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
You cannot swap the connectors on that valve.

If the 3pt is raised lower it and see if that fixes the problem.

Dan
The 3 or is all the way up. If dropping it fixes it what would that mean. Before I started working on it today the fluid was full and looked really good. I'm sure it's low now with all the hose swapping I have been doing.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The 3 or is all the way up. If dropping it fixes it what would that mean. Before I started working on it today the fluid was full and looked really good. I'm sure it's low now with all the hose swapping I have been doing.
If lowering the 3pt resolves the problem the feedback linkage is out of adjustment. Simple fix.

I have an L3901 witj LA525 loader and it is an easy system to diagnose. Understanding the circuit and doing a little targeted testing will identify the problem faster and with less expense than throwing parts at it

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
If lowering the 3pt resolves the problem the feedback linkage is out of adjustment. Simple fix.

I have an L3901 witj LA525 loader and it is an easy system to diagnose. Understanding the circuit and doing a little targeted testing will identify the problem faster and with less expense than throwing parts at it
I definitely do t understand the circuit I can't even find a good schematic for it. I will give that a try tomorrow and if so will look for more information. I do t have the money to throw parts at it and don't really want to take it to the dealership.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I definitely do t understand the circuit I can't even find a good schematic for it. I will give that a try tomorrow and if so will look for more information. I do t have the money to throw parts at it and don't really want to take it to the dealership.
You can download the workshop manual here. It explains the sytem in considerable detail and is replete with schematics and illustrations:

Your symptoms are a perfect match for power beyond blockage downstream of the loader valve and the typical source of that blockagecwould be a 3pt control valve thats not in neutral:
  1. The boom exhausts to power beyond (3pt) and the blockage prevents the boom from moving
  2. The bucket exhausts to tank via tank port on loader valve and it is not blocked.
  3. The boom spool is serial so when boom and bucket are operating simultaneously boom exhsust oil goes to bucket inlet and from there to tank via tank port so neither function is blocked
I did all of that analysis without changing any parts, spending any money or involving a dealer. All that remains is for you to lower the 3pt and see if it is the source of your problem :)

Dan

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
You can download the workshop manual here. It explains the sytem in considerable detail and is replete with schematics and illustrations:

Your symptoms are a perfect match for power beyond blockage downstream of the loader valve and the typical source of that blockagecwould be a 3pt control valve thats not in neutral:
  1. The boom exhausts to power beyond (3pt) and the blockage prevents the boom from moving
  2. The bucket exhausts to tank via tank port on loader valve and it is not blocked.
  3. The boom spool is serial so when boom and bucket are operating simultaneously boom exhsust oil goes to bucket inlet and from there to tank via tank port so neither function is blocked
I did all of that analysis without changing any parts, spending any money or involving a dealer. All that remains is for you to lower the 3pt and see if it is the source of your problem :)

Dan
Thank you. I'll do it first thing tomorrow

furry9900

Equipment
L3301 w/ LA525
May 4, 2024
Ohio
Good luck. Hopefully thats the problem and a tweak of the linkage will fix you up.

Dan
Works like a charm with the 3pt down a little bit. As soon as I raise it to max it stops again. So now to find that linkage and adjust it

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Works like a charm with the 3pt down a little bit. As soon as I raise it to max it stops again. So now to find that linkage and adjust it
Excellent. You adjust the postion control shutoff point with the two nuts (180) and bracket (170) on the aft end of the feedback rod (160). Shorten or lengthen the working length of tĥe rod as needed.

Dan

1000002726.jpg