L2550DT Trans fluid

82crawler

Equipment
L2550DT
Sep 13, 2024
Georgia
Hi all,
I am rebuilding the front drive output/selector box which requires me to drain the fluid. I would like to replace the fluid but am confused on what I need. The tractor is a shuttle transmission. What fluid is good and wont break the bank? Keep in mind this is an old beat up "budget" tractor.

Thanks

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hi all,
I am rebuilding the front drive output/selector box which requires me to drain the fluid. I would like to replace the fluid but am confused on what I need. The tractor is a shuttle transmission. What fluid is good and wont break the bank? Keep in mind this is an old beat up "budget" tractor.

Thanks
Screenshot_20240913-091207-835.png

Any good universal tractor fluid. If you had GlideShift, I'd recommend SUDT2. BTW, there are Op Man and WSM available to download at Kubota Books.

Reactions: 1 user

82crawler

Equipment
L2550DT
Sep 13, 2024
Georgia
Looks like I can run the VP J20A plus from Tractor supply. It says it replaces UDT. Any input on that fluid?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would be careful with ANY label that says "it replaces UDT" - I am being sarcastic, but you could put that label on vegetable oil too. IF it is IN the Kubota service manual, then fine, simply because Kubota says it is ok - but any hydraulic oil company can and will try to make a sale saying it is ok to replace the UDT

I would stick with the UDT- or better S-UDT2

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would be careful with ANY label that says "it replaces UDT" - I am being sarcastic, but you could put that label on vegetable oil too. IF it is IN the Kubota service manual, then fine, simply because Kubota says it is ok - but any hydraulic oil company can and will try to make a sale saying it is ok to replace the UDT

I would stick with the UDT- or better S-UDT2
The industry standard all of these companies formulate to is John Deere J20C (Hygard). I am quite sure Hygard will replace UDT. I am equally sure vegetable oil will not. Worry about that claim when you find it on a cooking oil bottle not a pail of UTTO from a reputable formulator.

Even the yellow bucket boys were careful to avoid making that claim and still got sued and lost their ass.

Dan