L2501 - rear electric options?

Thorny

Equipment
L2501 HST, 4x4, FEL, front snow blade, rotary cutter, box blade
Sep 24, 2016
Mountains of CO
I'm running a weed sprayer off the back of my L2501. It's got the need for a 12v electric connection. Is there a simple location to tie into 12v power around the seat or ROPs on this tractor?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm running a weed sprayer off the back of my L2501. It's got the need for a 12v electric connection. Is there a simple location to tie into 12v power around the seat or ROPs on this tractor?
No, not for the power you need, you'll need to run a new feed. ;)

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Unless it's something small, like you may run on a quad bike, up to 4 gpm approx, you'll need to run a dedicated circuit as NIW suggests. However if it is small, or someone else wants to run a small sprayer, the following may apply.

It's possible but not guaranteed, that your tractor may have wiring for a rear work lamp installed from factory sitting somewhere near your ROPS. If it has, the circuit is rated at 10 amps, so depending on your sprayer pump motor load, you may be able to utilize it. Even if a rear work lamp is installed, you still could use it if you don't use your work lamp at the same time, and possibly just unplug, and plug your pump in. However, running a new circuit would be needed if your pump current draw is ~8A or above to negate voltage drop. For small sprayers, depending on your flow and pressure requirements, even if your pump is rated at 10 amps, you may only actually draw 8 amps or less. YMMV

Thorny

Equipment
L2501 HST, 4x4, FEL, front snow blade, rotary cutter, box blade
Sep 24, 2016
Mountains of CO
Thanks guys. I'll have to check the amperage on my sprayer and figure out the right option from there.