L245 hydraulic problem

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
I have a l245dt with a model 1200 FEL. After replacing some fittings on the fel control valve and cleaning the filter screen, I got the FEL to operate fine but the 3 pt lift is still dead.
I just bought the tractor and the FEL was not working nor was the 3 point lift working. So I don’t know what the problem could be. Any advice?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a l245dt with a model 1200 FEL. After replacing some fittings on the fel control valve and cleaning the filter screen, I got the FEL to operate fine but the 3 pt lift is still dead.
I just bought the tractor and the FEL was not working nor was the 3 point lift working. So I don’t know what the problem could be. Any advice?
This is not uncommon and should not be hard to figure out. The first thing we need to know is how you have plumbed the loader valve to tractor connections. Should be 3 hoses between the valve and tractor. Post a few pictures of where they are attached at both ends of each hose.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Some pics.
The back port on the aluminum block does not have a line attached and does not have fluid coming out of it
This looks pretty obvious. That plumbing clearly won't work. The block has an OUT and an IN port. You have the OUT going to the loader but no return to the IN. Plumbed like thst your loader is dumping the pressurized pump oil straight back to the sump bypassing the 3pt.

To fix it you need to purchase a power beyond sleeve for the valve and install it in the N port. Then connect that N port on the loader valve to the IN port on the outlet block. Voila - 3 pt hooked up.

Dan

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
This looks pretty obvious. That plumbing clearly won't work. The block has an OUT and an IN port. You have the OUT going to the loader but no return to the IN. Plumbed like thst your loader is dumping the pressurized pump oil straight back to the sump bypassing the 3pt.

To fix it you need to purchase a power beyond sleeve for the valve and install it in the N port. Then connect that N port on the loader valve to the IN port on the outlet block. Voila - 3 pt hooked up.

Dan
Ok, I’ll try to find a power beyond sleeve that will fit the N port on the loader valve and I have rerouted the line and attached it to the in port on the inlet block.
Thank you very much for the help. I’ll send pictures after I hook it up to be sure I’ve done right.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok, I’ll try to find a power beyond sleeve that will fit the N port on the loader valve and I have rerouted the line and attached it to the in port on the inlet block.
Thank you very much for the help. I’ll send pictures after I hook it up to be sure I’ve done right.
The power beyond sleeve can be purchased here:

Your tsnk line was fine and should stay as it was. You need to add a third line from N to the outlet block

Dan

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
The power beyond sleeve can be purchased here:

Your tsnk line was fine and should stay as it was. You need to add a third line from N to the outlet block

Dan
ok, I get it now. Thanks a lot

Ulsterman

Equipment
L245dt
Aug 13, 2023
New Mexico
EZ-PZ. That power beyond sleeve is specific to the valve - dont try to use something else. Good luck.

Dan
Thank you Dan. I got the power beyond sleeve and the additional line all hooked up and now the 3 point works fine. I’m all sorted out now. Thanks to you, much appreciated
Mark