L2350DT D1102-AE-2 injector rebuild

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
Are the copper washers #30 a standard size? Can I get them off the shelf from (don’t kill me) harbor freight copper washer pack?

IMG_4633.jpeg
IMG_4632.jpeg
IMG_4636.jpeg

Also, do I need to replace #50 washers?
And for the life of me…I’m not seeing a #60 in my injector or I don’t know what I am looking at?

IMG_4634.jpeg
IMG_4635.jpeg

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
Well the #60 adjusting washers that were left in the sonic cleaner are a bit chewed up from the solution….looks like corrosion around the outside edge. I have one good one that made it out of the cleaner and 2 bad ones. Any chance I can manufacture my own? They seem to be just steel and I can get the diameter and the thickness off the good one and make one….or am I stupid and should just order and wait 6-7 days to get the part in?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Order the parts. Do it right....be done with it.

Also, please take pics and document your injector rebuild here. I have the same engine and might need to do this some day. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You really should send your injectors in and have them professionally rebuilt.
It's a lot more complicated than it looks to get the to flow and pop properly.

Reactions: 1 user

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
You really should send your injectors in and have them professionally rebuilt.
It's a lot more complicated than it looks to get the to flow and pop properly.
I have no doubt in the wisdom that you give out! A quick search of any question on the forum and you are quick to respond with accurate diagnosis!

So please humor my question! The injector looks to be incredibly simple with a spring a shim and the plunger/fuel pin. I am not seeing any adjustments that could be made and if just disassembled cleaned and then put back together…what adjustments/parameters could I have accidentally changed?

Plan will be to put them back together as parts have been ordered and then if they don’t work…send them in. I would like to learn how to properly diagnose and adjust a fuel injector….I just really enjoy learning and buying tools!!! 😁

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What "wears"
Is the nozzle and the spring.
The spring being weak will change the pop timing and pressure, which changes the amount of fuel delivered and the time at which it's delivered.

To test it properly you would need a spray test rig, which is a pump and a pressure gauge to measure when it pops.
They adjust the timing and pressure with different thicknesses of the adjusting washer and different spring tensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
What "wears"
Is the nozzle and the spring.
The spring being weak will change the pop timing and pressure, which changes the amount of fuel delivered and the time at which it's delivered.

To test it properly you would need a spray test rig, which is a pump and a pressure gauge to measure when it pops.
They adjust the timing and pressure with different thicknesses of the adjusting washer and different spring tensions.
See this is why I asked! Fantastic information! Thank you sir!

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
Well, I rigged up the injector lines and tested the injectors before I cranked them down after the cleaning and rebuild….glad I didn’t just throw them in!

I have one that needs to be taken back apart and inspected.

Really neat being able to watch them fire! I have pretty good spray patterns on the other 2. I took slow mow video which really helped seeing the patterns.

I’ll take apart the one that’s missing and see if it possibly got blocked.

IMG_4794.png
IMG_4795.png
IMG_4796.png

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
What pressure do you have them set to pop off at? It is equally as important as the spray pattern.

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
Well there’s the problem right there!
IMG_4822.jpeg

I’ll be putting it back together and let’s see what we get. I’m gonna test all of them on pop off pressure and post up results.

DrakeRemoray

Equipment
L2350DT
Jun 24, 2024
Alvarado TX
Tested the one injector that was not firing with the new shim I got from Kubota. It would only go up to 1400psi.
IMG_4830.png

Put the old shim back in and got it right up to 2000psi. Perfectly in specs.

IMG_4829.jpeg

IMG_4826.jpeg

The new shim has a hole in it so it sits flat inside the injector. The old shim does not have a hole in the center and is raised in the injector so it’s providing more compression on the spring thus raising the pressure. Interesting how it all works! Spray pattern looks great as well! 👍

IMG_4831.jpeg

Next issue I have is that the injector pump is not providing any fuel to the #3 injector. Hopefully it’s just trash in the lines. Going to start researching on how it works and how to clean it.

Should I start another thread on injector pump inspection?? That way hopefully we can help others that may run into same issue? Wolfman what’s your thoughts?