L210 flywheel ring gear

141C5

Equipment
Kubota L210
Jul 23, 2024
Hazle Township PA
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a L210 that would not start. I was told the starter was bad. Removed starter and found the ring gear teeth ground down. After some research figured out someone put a 10 tooth starter on and it ground down all of the ring gear teeth. Hoping the correct 9 tooth starter would grab what was left but I was wrong. So now I am searching for a ring gear. Called many salvage yards no luck. So what's the chance someone has one they are willing to sell or exact dimensions so I could try finding same for different applications.

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Welcome to OTT.

Might be a challenge, but the first thing I would do is send @007kubotaguy a private message to inquire.

He’s helped a lot of folks here on OTT with older L-series parts.

I think an L210 is a very early Kubota model, but if anyone knows a source or compatible version it would be him.

141C5

Equipment
Kubota L210
Jul 23, 2024
Hazle Township PA
Welcome to OTT.

Might be a challenge, but the first thing I would do is send @007kubotaguy a private message to inquire.

He’s helped a lot of folks here on OTT with older L-series parts.

I think an L210 is a very early Kubota model, but if anyone knows a source or compatible version it would be him.
Awesome I will send him a message. Thank you. The ID plate is go from mine but I am thinking it is a 72 or 73. Think it's the only years they built this one. It's an awesome tractor just need to get it right.

Reactions: 1 user

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I could be off base…and not looking at picture closely enough….i see some damage and wear, but in days of old I’ve seen a lot worse. Teeth pretty much completely gone….where typical engines shut down in their usual “spots”. Also. In days of old, we used to shim starters to get a better tooth contact. Might be an idea to consider an attempt at better ring gear tooth contact before getting into the flywheel?? Especially if you have some spare starter parts?? Just an idea…