L185F grease points

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Anyone have any idea where the front pivot grease point is on the L185F?

I can not seem to find where it is.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Not same model but one of mine has zerk facing rear in center of axle and the other machine has two, one front one rear.

See if Kubota parts diagrams online can provide help finding. IF can find it by part number may desire---if you want a known 'right' part---to order a couple from dealer by part number in order to have 'samples' for that particular zerk to go hunting at local auto parts house. Or compare part numbrs for other locations on machine and pull one to go parts-a-hunting.

Also consider that zerk may be unscrewed missing or twisted / broken / sheared off. If replacing, consider the thread may be metric (some are, some aren't; some places on same machine are different especially FELs / backhoes). If you can't gauge threads try several by hand until something 'feels' right before applying wrench. Or follow as above to get samples in hand during buying expedition. Good luck.

Last, don't be tempted to use a hammer-in type zerk. Stay with threaded.

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
The 185F does not have the front plate with the zerk like the 185DT does. I remember searching for it when I picked up a 185F. As I remember and from the documentation, the fitting is on the right side of the pivot shaft that the front axle rides on. raising the right rear tire might give you better access. I will verify more details if you need when I am back at the homestead tomorrow.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Some of these tractors don't have any grease fittings at the front axle pivot. My old L3750 didn't and it was a mess and a costly repair. It has grease fitting now!

MikeL

Equipment
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
Took a look at the old 185 and it is as I mentioned Yesterday. You access the fitting from the right hand side above the axle and below the main body of the tractor. If you raise the right rear wheel you will have a better view.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you all for the replies.

I had been looking at my print version of the parts list and it is not clear. The on line version is much clearer. From the descriptions you have provided and the on line parts list I understand where it is (I think).
View attachment front axle.pdf

As I understand it the grease point is on the side of the outer shell of the pivot point, above a fairly heavy plate. The zerk is probably a couple of inches recessed from the edge of the plate. Hopefully the zerk is there and it is clear.

I will go out to where the tractor is stored this weekend and see for sure.

I have also replaced most of the zerks with new ones that were screw in type from the dealer - they cost the same as the local parts and the dealer is fairly close.

MikeL

Equipment
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
That is the spot. Like I suggested earlier, jack up the right rear and you will get much better access if you are trying to change it out.

Enjoy getting your hands Orange this weekend.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Found it! Well at least I touched it but couldn't get where I could see it. On mine it is on what I would call the left side (left when sitting in the seat looking forward). The parts diagrams show it on the opposite side but anyway I know where it is now!

Thanks to all for the help.