L 3301 won't start

E Hodges

Equipment
Kubota 3301 and 1978 Ford 3600
Aug 25, 2014
Boone NC
I'm sure I have seen this question before but I can't find it now. I have a new L3301 with FEL has 85 hours on it purchased in August 2014. While mowing with it it suddenly died it was not under much of a load on level ground. At first I thought I had leaned over to much but when I tried to restart it will just spin over. I have bleed the fuel system and cleaned the water seperator out. The filter is clean it was just serviced at the dealer ship had a crank sensor code that was repaired. The tractor is on top of a mountain with no way to get it out and the dealership will not come out to look at it. When I turn the key on I don't hear the clicking noise ( fuel pump). I need to get it started to get it to the dealership.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
A clikcing is mentioned and for that reason the description indicates a possibility that the fuel solenoid has failed in the 'closed' position.

Track down the solenoid (I 'think' it's on the top left (from operator's perspective) of the engine: find an online parts schematic) and see if you can manipulate it to the 'open' position by working the linkage rod.

'If' it is the problem and you get a start, others on this forum have told of using a rope to hold the rod in 'open' or operation position.

Could be a fuse or a wire damaged or snagged. Check power to the solenoid when you get it located.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.