Kubota Tractor Extended Warranty, Is It Worth the Cost?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: This past month the heater lines to the rear heater started leaking, and they replaced those lines also. That was an all-day job because they were from the front of the car to the roof in the rear of the car. It meant taking a lot of interior pieces off to get to them.

gee, does this seem like BAD 'engineering' to anyone ?
Sound like the hoses(rubber ?) go though an A pillar,inside the roof, down the C pillar ?
be nice to see the 'genius' who OKed the design do the ACTUAL repair !!

probably got a special computer to control the heat back there, and A/C too ?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
You could get....."Car Shield" ???? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fried, I shit you not, my BIL is a dealership mechanic (and has been for 30 years) and 2 weeks ago he bought the truck he had been leasing due to "no deals" right now.

He bought Car Shield........

I was absolutely floored........

He said "why the hell not get paid for working on my own vehicle? "

He even got the "upgraded Car Shield" that provides a loaner vehicle and something like a $0 deductible.

Even as I type this, I can't understand it, but he did.:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
re: This past month the heater lines to the rear heater started leaking, and they replaced those lines also. That was an all-day job because they were from the front of the car to the roof in the rear of the car. It meant taking a lot of interior pieces off to get to them.

gee, does this seem like BAD 'engineering' to anyone ?
Sound like the hoses(rubber ?) go though an A pillar,inside the roof, down the C pillar ?
be nice to see the 'genius' who OKed the design do the ACTUAL repair !!

probably got a special computer to control the heat back there, and A/C too ?
No, they go under the car to the rear and then they go up from there to the underside of the roof. There is ductwork that distributes the air to the rear seat passengers. It was the steel couplings at the ends of the rubber hoses that rusted out. While they were in there, the replaced the air conditioning lines also. They also have a package that allows them to disconnect everything from the rear HVAC, but I didn't want that installed for obvious reasons.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fried, I shit you not, my BIL is a dealership mechanic (and has been for 30 years) and 2 weeks ago he bought the truck he had been leasing due to "no deals" right now.

He bought Car Shield........

I was absolutely floored........

He said "why the hell not get paid for working on my own vehicle? "

He even got the "upgraded Car Shield" that provides a loaner vehicle and something like a $0 deductible.

Even as I type this, I can't understand it, but he did.:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:
In the very simplest of terms:
"Different strokes for different folks" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

Kat

Equipment
LX3310 HSD
May 7, 2024
Arizona
I paid about $2500 for the 8-year, 100,000-mile warranty on my wife's Ford, and Ford has been paying to keep that car in serviceable condition ever since. Last year, the steering rack went bad and they replaced it and a whole lot of other suspension parts. The service writer told me that if I were paying for the work it would have been around $4000. This past month the heater lines to the rear heater started leaking, and they replaced those lines also. That was an all-day job because they were from the front of the car to the roof in the rear of the car. It meant taking a lot of interior pieces off to get to them. The drivetrain has been great, it is just other expensive items that haven't held up well to our long dirt road and driveway.
Thanks, but as I said, my 2015 Honda CRV only has only accumulated 26,475 miles in the 9 years that I've owned it. I expect that my Kubota tractor will also have light use, and with any extended warranty, it would run out due to time rather than the number of hours it has been run.

I also looked at the Owner's Warranty Information Guide that came with my tractor, and it looks like it's only the Basic Standard Limited warranty that is expiring. The Limited Powertrain warranty is good for 72 months or 2000 hours (whichever comes first). All the Kubota extended warranty provides is an additional 2 years on the Basic Standard Limited warranty and 2 additional years on the Limited Powertrain warranty. That works out to $650 a year to extend the warranty. If Ford charged that much per year for an 8 year extended warranty that would have cost you $5,200. Would you have bought the extended warranty at that price or would you have hesitated? Anyhow, I've still got 4 years left on the powertrain warranty. So I don't think I'm going to bother with getting the extended warranty.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks, but as I said, my 2015 Honda CRV only has only accumulated 26,475 miles in the 9 years that I've owned it. I expect that my Kubota tractor will also have light use, and with any extended warranty, it would run out due to time rather than the number of hours it has been run.

I also looked at the Owner's Warranty Information Guide that came with my tractor, and it looks like it's only the Basic Standard Limited warranty that is expiring. The Limited Powertrain warranty is good for 72 months or 2000 hours (whichever comes first). All the Kubota extended warranty provides is an additional 2 years on the Basic Standard Limited warranty and 2 additional years on the Limited Powertrain warranty. That works out to $650 a year to extend the warranty. If Ford charged that much per year for an 8 year extended warranty that would have cost you $5,200. Would you have bought the extended warranty at that price or would you have hesitated? Anyhow, I've still got 4 years left on the powertrain warranty. So I don't think I'm going to bother with getting the extended warranty.
Wise choice!