Kubota L35 TLB - Delivery Pipe (Front Pump)

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hello All,
Kindly see the page from the manual attached.
As I identify some of the "customizations" done to this TLB, I would like to return to OEM.
--Part 010 the steel delivery tube is long gone, replaced by a hydraulic hose.
--Part 090 the steel tube going into the transmission remains.
--Part 080 is a joint and that's the only description I can find. PART 06013-51502.

Can any of you with an L35 or similar tell me what part 080 actually is? I can't figure out if it's JIC or thread size and from what I can see Part 090 on my tractor looks like it isn't "customized".

Do any of you have a photo of this joint on your machine?
It might just be that Part 080 has not been replaced on my machine.

The photo I've included shows Part 090 on right and the "customized hose" on the left.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello All,
Kindly see the page from the manual attached.
As I identify some of the "customizations" done to this TLB, I would like to return to OEM.
--Part 010 the steel delivery tube is long gone, replaced by a hydraulic hose.
--Part 090 the steel tube going into the transmission remains.
--Part 080 is a joint and that's the only description I can find. PART 06013-51502.

Can any of you with an L35 or similar tell me what part 080 actually is? I can't figure out if it's JIC or thread size and from what I can see Part 090 on my tractor looks like it isn't "customized".

Do any of you have a photo of this joint on your machine?
It might just be that Part 080 has not been replaced on my machine.

The photo I've included shows Part 090 on right and the "customized hose" on the left.
I don't own one so obviously guessing based on the pictures but 080 looks like a tube union of some flavor. I would suspect one of two possibilities but the list is not exhaustive:
  1. The hex nut on the right is a JIC tube nut and the union is a JIC flare fitting on the tube end and the hose is either NPT or JIC female swivel. Based on the union being shown as a male/male fitting on the drawing and what looks like a tJIC tube nut on 010 my #1 guess is a 080 is a JIC tube union..
  2. The other possibility is 080 is a compression type tube end adapter with NPT or JIC male on the hose swivel end. Doesn't quite match the drawing.
In any event simple enough to disconnect the hose swivel and see what that end is. You did not show us the other end of the hose. My guess is the 010 tube got damaged and the damaged section was cut out, a new fitting put on the pump end, and the hose was installed as a repair section, Pretty common process that I have used myself. If its working it would not worry me.

Dan

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I don't own one so obviously guessing based on the pictures but 080 looks like a tube union of some flavor. I would suspect one of two possibilities but the list is not exhaustive:
  1. The hex nut on the right is a JIC tube nut and the union is a JIC flare fitting on the tube end and the hose is either NPT or JIC female swivel. Based on the union being shown as a male/male fitting on the drawing and what looks like a tJIC tube nut on 010 my #1 guess is a 080 is a JIC tube union..
  2. The other possibility is 080 is a compression type tube end adapter with NPT or JIC male on the hose swivel end. Doesn't quite match the drawing.
In any event simple enough to disconnect the hose swivel and see what that end is. You did not show us the other end of the hose. My guess is the 010 tube got damaged and the damaged section was cut out, a new fitting put on the pump end, and the hose was installed as a repair section, Pretty common process that I have used myself. If its working it would not worry me.

Dan
I agree with Hokie. I think 080 is the male-male union between your hose and hard line. If you install a new 010 it should couple right up (assuming nothing's bent). If mine wasn't 100 miles away, I'd go check.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Thank you Dan and PoTreeBoy. I appreciate your input!
I found the part 010 I need and based on ya'lls info, and what I see I think you're correct.
My guess is that the 080 looks like the attached.

Going back to Dan's question, the other end of the hose is a 90 deg JIC.
How could that be?
Well, I agree that the OEM delivery tube was broken and the "round end" that attaches to the bottom of the pump was either modified to have a JIC fitting (for the subsequently installed hose) or was replaced with something non OEM.
Kindly refer to the photo of the pump prior to me cleaning and painting it after replacing bearings.
In that photo, the other- input side of the pump is what's left of the old rusted input tube plugged and used to keep the pump internals clean.
The hose job wasn't done well and I definitely don't want to rely on old hoses and funky fixes!
I'll post again once I get this resolved.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you Dan and PoTreeBoy. I appreciate your input!
I found the part 010 I need and based on ya'lls info, and what I see I think you're correct.
My guess is that the 080 looks like the attached.

Going back to Dan's question, the other end of the hose is a 90 deg JIC.
How could that be?
Well, I agree that the OEM delivery tube was broken and the "round end" that attaches to the bottom of the pump was either modified to have a JIC fitting (for the subsequently installed hose) or was replaced with something non OEM.
Kindly refer to the photo of the pump prior to me cleaning and painting it after replacing bearings.
In that photo, the other- input side of the pump is what's left of the old rusted input tube plugged and used to keep the pump internals clean.
The hose job wasn't done well and I definitely don't want to rely on old hoses and funky fixes!
I would guess they cut the block off the damaged tube and drilled and tapped it for a 3/8 male NPT x 3/8 male JIC adapter.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

12251hd

Equipment
M6800, L35, RTV
Nov 23, 2018
Woodbridge, VA
I replaced both tubes coming from tranny on my L35. I recall only one connected to a hose that went to the loader. The other was a tube going to the pump. Hard area to get leverage to break connections loose. Good luck.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Thank you 12251hd.
According to the parts diagram it looks like 2 delivery pipes are stacked onto the tranny.
Pipes 180 and 090.
Pipe 180 (delivery) goes from the tranny to the FEL control valve.
Pipe 090 (delivery) meets another pipe (010) which then goes to the front pump.
It's tight alright. Unfortunately I've been under this tractor a lot!

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Thank you 12251hd.
According to the parts diagram it looks like 2 delivery pipes are stacked onto the tranny.
Pipes 180 and 090.
Pipe 180 (delivery) goes from the tranny to the FEL control valve.
Pipe 090 (delivery) meets another pipe (010) which then goes to the front pump.
It's tight alright. Unfortunately I've been under this tractor a lot!
Those lines are routed that way because the relief valve is in the 3 pt valve housing. So the (front) pump discharge goes down 010/090 to the relief valve and then up 180 to the loader valve. Unlike some tractors, there is no relief valve in the loader valve.

BTW, there is a bypass valve near the relief valve. It uses a screwdriver to open or close. It bypasses the loader and backhoe when open, so it has no reason to ever be open on the L35. I think it's a carry-over from other models that use the same transmission. The L35 manual doesn't even mention it. Note that this is not the same valve that has to be open when the backhoe is disconnected. That one is described in the owner's manual, and is easily operated.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Thanks again @PoTreeBoy.
I'm no expert on these things - but learning more all the time as I rebuild/refurbish.
The regulator pipe (070) was also replaced by a hose and eventually I'll get that pipe too.

That area you mention (where the relief valve is), is on my next area of inspection and cleanup.
The directional lever (190) valve you mention related to the backhoe is stuck (no surprise there) so will require some work to free it up. I think I remember seeing something perhaps on this forum about it.
Also I believe the relief valve you mention is part 150 in the diagram.

It's turning into a great machine for me as I have used it a bit after my major repairs (I've posted all those). Now just working thru all the annoying and worn-out stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I believe this is why you are looking for? Under the right hand side floorboard.
C534A371-C6F1-4353-8679-BD4C6A96967E.jpeg

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
I believe this is why you are looking for? Under the right hand side floorboard.

Yes, thank you for this!
Today I received the used 010 Pipe and here is a picture of the connector side.
Now I know what the adapter is that connects the 010 and the 090.
080 - PART 06013-51502 - the adapter - is a compression fitting!

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Yes, thank you for this!
Today I received the used 010 Pipe and here is a picture of the connector side.
Now I know what the adapter is that connects the 010 and the 090.
080 - PART 06013-51502 - the adapter - is a compression fitting!
Interesting. So the hose had a compression end? Or the previous owner cobbled it together.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hmmm yes very interesting!
This is again a picture of the connections on my L35.
On the LEFT is the hose going to the bottom of the front pump.

I haven't broken this apart yet (too cold and rainy now) - but either the CURRENT adapter is:
1--Left side pipe compression and right side pipe compression (What I think is the OEM part 080)
OR
2--Left side is JIC and right side is pipe compression (and somehow this worked)

Once I get this apart I'll post on what I find.
Meantime, I want to clean up the new-to-me 010 pipe and paint it.
I would've liked to have powdercoated it, but I believe that the compression fitting is not metal.

1641810034962.png

Part 080 must be this (stock photo):

1641815742552.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user